X Bomber Encyclopedia

Chat about collectables, videos
Vanessa

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Vanessa »

It came from Japan (not meant to be sarcastic), that's where I purchased it.But it was Machina and his legendary internet searching skills that actually tracked one down that was for sale, and helped with the purchasing formalities.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Crash »

Does he speak the language?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Vanessa »

Ermm, I don't think so, but there are some good internet based translation features that are available now.I can say that it wasn't cheap to get hold of... :-S
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

There are also websites that will act as an intermediary for people who want to buy things from Japanese sellers that don't speak English or ship overseas (e.g. eBay auctions).[Happosai]
Dr. Ben

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Dr. Ben »

I'm sure it wasn't cheap. I remember an internet auction some years ago that had a remarkable opening bid.
Crash

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Crash »

Then you've got to factor in getting a company to scan the book.Well, I'm grateful for having got to see it!
Bladez636

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Bladez636 »

I don't get why half the book is in B&W, but I'm working on custom profile pages and am thus colorizing some of them:Is it perfect? No, but it's better than in B&WIf anyone has any of the profiles from other magazines in color, please help me out.
Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

(Bladez636 @ Oct. 06 2012,02:14)QUOTEI don't get why half the book is in B&WTo make it cheaper to print.
Crash

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Crash »

How do you do that? Is it a manual process or is there an automatic way like you see them do with old film? - (how they extract colour information from B/W film that's not visible to the naked eye).
Bladez636

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Oct. 11 2012,00:26)QUOTEHow do you do that? Is it a manual process or is there an automatic way like you see them do with old film? - (how they extract colour information from B/W film that's not visible to the naked eye).Just Photoshop and referencing