UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

you should loan them just one, then make them go buy the rest!! ;)
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Zordon

UK DVD release

Post by Zordon »

got my boxset this weekend, well my mum bought it really from HVM. £35.00 looks really good and has alot of the footage in episode 2 added (bear in mind that i've only seen episode 2 on simons vcd's and my canadian tapes) - so it was quite a suprise to see stuff i've never watched.theres some good stuff like lamia's buggy ride, the extended engine room scenes and i think a slightly altered first crash scene.the footage is as best remastered as it can be based on the original tapes. The sound is very good based on it's age. abet not as clear and crisp as i'd expected.some great extras, such as the brian may promo video, shame it's not in full screen and stuck in a green box player.I do think for the money we pay for the baxset we could have gotten more for our money.the dub section could have had better listings of the voice actors as well as pictures. (heck it's not that hard to find the V,A's pictures now)Paul bliss does a VO about his work on the star fleet sound track, shame he wasn't avalible for a proper interview, Mr Anderson spends most of his interview going on baout his projects and basicly saying "he knew about SF".Brian May is missing from this boxset, come on that guy alone doing an interview for this set would have been great.I was really dissapointed that Andy didn't get some sort of interview based on the fact he's got the mainsite address plastered on the back cover. In all it's a very good collection and much apreceiated. great work
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

I think that's a very fair appraisal Zordon.I wrote to them and told them how bad I thought it was that they'd not included any fan input into the extras as opposed to the new Robotech movie DVD that came out not so long ago.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

Thought I'd do a quick compare and contrast.Star Fleet remastered DVD screen-grab:X Bomber DVD screen-grab:
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

hi djdustwith myfriends they wouldn't be content with one disc one they'd want to borrow the whole boxset that's why i bought 2 copies one to lend out and one to keep for me.Andrew
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

question what is the difference with the screen grabsAndrew
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

(jack18 @ Feb. 25 2009,17:05)QUOTEquestion what is the difference with the screen grabsAndrewWell, very little it seems. There has been talk that the new Star Fleet DVD isn't the best looking it could be. But there isn't much difference between the two versions in the compare and contrast. X Bomber arguably looks more detailed, but the new Star Fleet DVD certainly looks more brighter and colourful.I can only think that it must deteriorate from episode to episode, hence why it's got some bad reviews.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

Whoa - the japanese footage is way sharper! I like the dark and evil colours more as well.
djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

(Zordon @ Feb. 25 2009,09:48)QUOTEBrian May is missing from this boxset, come on that guy alone doing an interview for this set would have been great.I disagree - his kids watched the show - he liked the song and covered it - er, that's it. There is nothing more for him to say about it and, to be honest, I've always hated the Brian May connection to the show as it seems to make people think he WROTE the song.
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

That's true, but then he's just another fan who got ignored in the making of the extras.