UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
Gareth

UK DVD release

Post by Gareth »

I got mine today from HMV...Not had a chance to watch any yet but the box set is superb.Nice postcards and love the comic book.PS Andy did you pass on any images for the Collectable section?
Gareth

UK DVD release

Post by Gareth »

It also contained an advert for the CD just said it was coming 2009 oh andy it also had a link at the bottom of the advert for your website!
Bradster

UK DVD release

Post by Bradster »

Hurrah! My order from Amazon was dispatched this morning too.
jamesaevans

UK DVD release

Post by jamesaevans »

(Gareth @ Feb. 07 2009,16:06)QUOTEI got mine today from HMV...Not had a chance to watch any yet but the box set is superb.Nice postcards and love the comic book.PS Andy did you pass on any images for the Collectable section?Hi Gareth,Glad to hear that you have received your DVD box set, hope mine turns up on Monday.Hopefully you have the opportunity to try out the DVDs over the weekend post some comments on the image quality etc.James
Adam D

UK DVD release

Post by Adam D »

Mine arrived this morning, from HMV. Got some cool things with it - poster, post cards, book detailing all the characters etc & a mini comic, unfortunately I've been at work so not watched any of it yet.Also theres an advert inside for a Star Fleet soundtrack CD coming out soon
I see him!
Gareth

UK DVD release

Post by Gareth »

I watched some of the extra's last night including the 34 min making of with interviews with Go Nagai.Its interesting to hear that ITV had comissioned a second series to made back in 1983 but only then found out and that all the sets and puppets had been destroyed in a fire in Japan.What a shame! Go Nagai does finish off saying if there was enough interest in the UK he would love to make another series now.The Picture quality seems fine to me and also loved the interview with Paul Bliss.Waited years for it to be released on DVD and it is not a let down by any means! How many box sets do you know that include a poster,postcards,and collector books? Its a big well done to fabulous films and everyone who contributed to it.Seems wierd that after years of collecting everything to do with Star Fleet the only thing missing was an english dvd set but not anymore!
Serenity

UK DVD release

Post by Serenity »

(AndyThomas @ Feb. 01 2009,21:29)QUOTEYou have to remember - the original film is over 20 years old and it was filmed for television, not cinema.  So no, it isn't Star Wars remastered quality - that would have cost an incredible amount (both in time and budget) for 8 hours of footage and you have to be realistic about the budget here.  Critical of the voice acting?  It's a kids TV show!  What will have happened is, they've watched a bit, found it's not as crisp etc as they remember / anticipated, and let that colour their views.  Fair enough, objectively speaking, but you have to be realistic...  I'm sure everyone will draw their own conclusions.I was a bit concerned when the article mentioned the picture quality, but as soon as they went off on one about the voice acting I realised that they were talking b0ll0cks.I'll be off to pick up my copy in a few hours. Can't wait!!
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Serenity

UK DVD release

Post by Serenity »

(Shane @ Feb. 01 2009,13:53)QUOTEStar Fleet did bring to the forefront Japan's superiority when it comes to Giant combining robots, or mecha, and that was certainly new and fresh in the UK in 1982, There was only really BOTP that was in the same ball park, but that was animation.Voltron is probably the best example of this, but again, that was animation.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

I was talking purely about what was available to the UK prior to 1982 in the way of Japanese style programing which showcased mecha.I remember seeing Voltron toys in the shops in maybe 83 or 84 but can't ever remember seeing the show on UK terrestrial TV.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Joe Meredith

UK DVD release

Post by Joe Meredith »

Its arrived!What a beautifully packaged set, top marks!Guess what I am watching as I type