UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

Yeah, prior to 2001 the original Star Fleet forum was a free for all, and was posted on very regularly, but these days with all the bots, it's very difficult, nigh on impossible, to let people join without registration, in my opinion.I think when the new forum was introduced originally, it probably did put off the casual poster, as the new forum seemed to filter the Star Fleet community into a dozen or so regular posters.The last year or so it's been incredibly quiet on here, but obviously with the DVD and possibly the soundtrack coming out, there has been a "Lazurus effect" on these boards.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Happosai

UK DVD release

Post by Happosai »

Picked mine up from the sorting office this morning! Looks good![Happosai]
djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

Just got home to discover my first post in about a week - a ton of bills and no bloody Star Fleet set.  Aaaaaaaaargh!!   I also just checked in my local HMV again - a nice empty "Star Fleet/X Bomber" section for the second day running. No sign that it was ever in WHSMiths. WTF are Fabulous Films playing at? There were millions of Mysterious Cities Of Gold boxes on the day that was released!!

F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Serenity

UK DVD release

Post by Serenity »

^^ I'd imagine that it's more down to the retailers than suppliers. If there were any concerns over the sellability then I'd have thought that they'd take the MCOG approach and have a limited release through one specific retailer, much in the way that MCOG sold the sets through HMV a good six months before general release.Mine's despatched this morning. Not looking good that it'll turn up today, but tomorrow hopefully.....
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Joe Meredith

UK DVD release

Post by Joe Meredith »

@ Daz - its a poor showing that yours hasn't arrived yet, it must be close to a week since you had the email saying it was in the post now...very poor show indeed.The one copy from the local HMV has gone I noticed earlier - the only other place in Shrewsbury that sells DVDs is WH Smiths and I doubt they'd have it. Everywhere else has closed now
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

Had a look in HMV and WH Smiths in Bristol and no sign of Star Fleet on the shelves what-so-ever.Maybe a slight underestimation of demand on the part of the retailers.
PPA

UK DVD release

Post by PPA »

Mine arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also had disk one from Lovefilm.com arrive.  I have left mine wrapped and watched the love film one.  Good quality, big smile on my face.  Cant wait for disk 2
FZeroOne

UK DVD release

Post by FZeroOne »

My small photographic tribute of X-Bomber/Star Fleet merchandise to celebrate the release!:http://www.flickr.com/photos/fzero-one/3269572280/
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

Hey, nice stash!Like I've said before I've got rid of most of my Star Fleet / X Bomber gear now, save for - Japanese Laserdisc set, Japanese DVD set, UK Videos, Annual, Look-Ins, French Comics, and 2 children's masks (One of the Dai X and one of Barry Hercules).I had most of the japanese toys, and ever so slightly regret selling the 3 die-cast versions of Dai X, Particularly the Blitzkrieg Combination. I would have to say though, the actual X Bomber toys were rubbish.
Joe Meredith

UK DVD release

Post by Joe Meredith »

I would love to get the Japanese DVD box set again...highly doubtful...well unless I have a spare 300 odd quid down the back of a chair somewhere