X-Bomber crashland sound

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 21 2013,18:30)QUOTEVery much to my liking, thanks a lot! Any others you could send my way would be very much appreciated as well.So, where did these sounds come from? Did you manage to find an archive of them that was used in a range of shows?I edited them from parts of the show that didn't have music over them.As for some of them, I got some off of "Space: 1999" given that some were snatched right off the SFX tracks.
Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

So, they released a CD with the Space 1999 sound effects on it, did they?I wish they would do the same with Gundam. There are some great sounds in there.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 22 2013,19:37)QUOTESo, they released a CD with the Space 1999 sound effects on it, did they?I wish they would do the same with Gundam. There are some great sounds in there.No, just sourced from the episodes themselves... With high editings by me
Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

Wow.For X-Bomber, I like to use a little 'app', sorry, program called Winripper to get the sounds out of commercial games; particularly vehicular combat games and simulators.Often, with ID software games, you can just open an archive in 7zip and get at all the music, sounds, textures etc.What software do you normally use to grab sounds from the shows? I have a few for my game that I want to steal from Gundam and Evangelion etc.; particularly that lovely, shrieking, screaming sound when a beam gets deflected off a shield.
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 23 2013,12:10)QUOTEWow.For X-Bomber, I like to use a little 'app', sorry, program called Winripper to get the sounds out of commercial games; particularly vehicular combat games and simulators.Often, with ID software games, you can just open an archive in 7zip and get at all the music, sounds, textures etc.What software do you normally use to grab sounds from the shows? I have a few for my game that I want to steal from Gundam and Evangelion etc.; particularly that lovely, shrieking, screaming sound when a beam gets deflected off a shield.Well, I just record them from the DVD's or Video files using Stereo Mix in Audacity. I couldn't use much else given both "Space: 1999" (at least the version I have access to) and "Star Fleet" are mono audio-I couldn't remove the vocals, not with the software I have available... All the sounds in my collection are just sounds that didn't have the voices or music covering them-in many cases just highly edited with bits elsewhere if there's only voices covering
Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

I wondered if Audacity might be it. It seems like the free de-facto standard for audio work, like Gimp was for graphics.I've installed it and played on with it a bit in the past. If I had (totally theoretically) some MKV/MP4 files of the new, HD, remastered Gundam SEED ... would I be able to sample sounds from that, do you reckon?
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 24 2013,10:28)QUOTEI wondered if Audacity might be it. It seems like the free de-facto standard for audio work, like Gimp was for graphics.I've installed it and played on with it a bit in the past. If I had (totally theoretically) some MKV/MP4 files of the new, HD, remastered Gundam SEED ... would I be able to sample sounds from that, do you reckon?Yes