Gerry Anderson's FireStorm

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

https://www.kickstarter.com/project....rionatiI feel excited since the prospect of another Supermarionation series was something I thought would never happen.Gerry may be gone, but essentially it will still be his series, given that he wrote out the concept for the series back in the late 90's/early 2000's with his business partner John Needham.Those scripts got picked up in Japan and turned into the lackluster anime "FireStorm". Didn't do well in Japan, and not many know of it. In essence, it wasn't Anderson'sNow it's being redone with Gerry's original ideas in mind and done in "Ultramarionation", also featuring the voices of Nick Tate (Alan Carter in "Space: 1999") and Nicholas Briggs (the Daleks in "Doctor Who").I backed £23 to this, and am looking forward to the result. Today's the first day of the kickstarter funding and it's already made almost 50% of its goal.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Oh wow, when I saw that on your Facebook, I thought he must be talking about the original Firestorm so I didn't pay it much attention.Even though I do like that show. It has a lot wrong with it but the Thunderbolt is one of the best bits of hardware in all of Gerry Anderson.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

It was announced now that Makara herself, Denise Bryer will be taking up a small voice role in the series.Apart from that, so are Scott and Alan Tracy; Shane Rimmer and Matt Zimmerman