Terrahawks Spacehawk model build

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Mark42

Terrahawks Spacehawk model build

Post by Mark42 »

I thought I would share a few pictures of my latest model build - the Spacehawk from Terrahawks.
This is an exact reproduction of the original model used in the series - made possible because I've had that model for the last six months to do some repairs to it. Also I managed to get hold of a large number of duplicate parts left over from the original build back in early 1980s, including all the vintage coffee jar lids and disposable razors needed to build this.
Its taken a lot of glue to stick the 1800 pieces together but it's come out quite well ....

To begin with the almost complete spare set of parts assembled by the original builder, Phil Rae, incase he needed to build a spare, I just needed another 15+ model kits to complete it.
starting to copy the assembled parts
repaired original and finished reproduction
Crash

Re: Terrahawks Spacehawk model build

Post by Crash »

That is a fantastic model. The colour scheme of the Terrahawks' vehicles is really striking.

I figured I'd add the link to your site with more images:
http://www.davidsissonmodels.co.uk/Spac ... eplica.htm

I remember seeing on the Fanderson forum, I think, the plans for making Spacehawk, labelled with all the various things it'd been made from.

Are there any really big pictures to have a closer look at?

I really like your website by the way. It's been on my links page for a long time.

I wonder as well where the ranks of Zeroids are supposed to sit on the exterior of the ship.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mark42

Post by Mark42 »

Glad you liked it, the only problem with these big/long models is that its difficult to get a good photograph that shows the detail, by the time you have the camera back far enough, to get it all in the shot, it looks like it could have been done with just 10 pieces!
Heres more of a decent view, however those on my site are the biggest you'll see - thanks for adding the link.
The model should be on display at Andercon 2 in Leicester, and the Fanderson convention later this year.

This is another step to completing my Terrahawk set. I'm currently trying to finish the Overlander and the Hawkwing is 1/3rd done.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hawkwing and Battletank are my favourites from that show.

There was something about Battlehawk that didn't work out quite right when they built the model, compared to the concept. It was just too boxy to look right flying.
I think they planned to destroy it in the story and rebuild it so that it was closer to the original design.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Awesome work. I remember having some really, really poor plastic toy of Spacehawk. Of course, doing one to the scale of all the other toys available at the time would have been a little tricky! Now, if only someone could reproduce X-Bomber in such a fashion... hey... hang on...! Hint, hint!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator