Spanish Dub

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Spanish Dub

Post by Bladez636 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq8DmcC5 ... lzjcRather rare stuff. First time I heard a dub that has the original NTSC frame rate that the Japanese version had.Not to mention - the video contains titleless end credits - so I can pehaps have a better go at some areas of my remastered opening credits

Vanessa

Spanish Dub

Post by Vanessa »

Excellent work there Bladez, finding this.I have had a quick look, and it's very interesting stuff, and rare to see as you say.I will sit down sometime soon and watch all the clips in full.I wonder what the character names are in Spanish?It's amazing just how many different language dubs X-Bomber was transmitted in.It does make me wonder why the UK got a completely re-cut score, with new music, SFX and all, when some other countries got the Japanese SFX and Music, with just the language re-dubbed...?Yet other countries got their own new music for the titles, but still had the Japanese SFX?Maybe it was down to budgets?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Spanish Dub

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Dec. 25 2011,22:57)QUOTEExcellent work there Bladez, finding this.I have had a quick look, and it's very interesting stuff, and rare to see as you say.I will sit down sometime soon and watch all the clips in full.I wonder what the character names are in Spanish?It's amazing just how many different language dubs X-Bomber was transmitted in.It does make me wonder why the UK got a completely re-cut score, with new music, SFX and all, when some other countries got the Japanese SFX and Music, with just the language re-dubbed...?Yet other countries got their own new music for the titles, but still had the Japanese SFX?Maybe it was down to budgets?I wonder why too. Louis Elman said in the DVD "Making Of Documentary" they were given nothing but the footage and no tracks - but that doesn't seem to add up - I noticed that around at least 45% of the sound effects were off a voiceless music and sound effect track of the Japanese soundtrack - evident as you can hear music cut off abruptly in various areas if you pay attention close enoughA specific example I can think of is in Episode 17 when Makara pulls the lever to freeze Lamia - you hear two drum beats from the original music or in Episode 9 in the flashback from Episode 9 after Makara tells Orion "Very well, you know what to do!", as it cuts to the next scene you can hear the end of a music cue from the Japanese version.I think we got the better deal - because it really changed up the feel of "Star Fleet" with great music and much more quality sound effects that give it more of a "Thunderbird's" feel than the cheesy Japanese sounds gave. The French version also composed their own music for their dub of X-Bomber but they played it alongside the original music in areas with no music.

Vanessa

Spanish Dub

Post by Vanessa »

Yes, the comments from Louis Elman were exactly what I was thinking about as well. Didn't he say something like the quality of the Audio Tracks were so poor they were unusable?Obviously not that unusable, as quite a few other countries seem to have been able to make good use of them LOL!Didn't the Italians have their own title music for X-Bomber, with Italian Language dubbing, but otherwise Japanese music and SFX?I did think that some Japanese X-Bomber SFX made it onto Star Fleet, so his comment isn't quite correct.I do like the UK audio track, but I also quite like the original Japanese one as well. I'd like to be able to watch an English language version, but with the rest of the SFX and the music as per the Japanese version, to compare them, just for fun
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Spanish Dub

Post by Crash »

I noticed too that the sound effects in Star Fleet match the ones in X-Bomber to a significant extent.Some are the same. Some are different.I think the Japanese ones are more reflective of what the weapons etc. are supposed to be.I was saying what you were saying quite a while back on the forum, Bladez, but nobody seemed to buy it at the time, lol.
Dream big and bold and daring.