Re: Dai X Jaeger

Post by AlienRaider »

More Blocking work
DaiX BlockIn1.jpg
DaiX BlockIn1.jpg (76.88 KiB) Viewed 15974 times
AlienRaider

Post by AlienRaider »

@AndyThomas- You are right about Shiros Dredd helmet :) I might have to make a thin skin tight metal helmet if I get to him.
Another update on the rough sculpts. Dont like the legs- will do something more blocky and square or round when I detail it further. Will start modeling the torso based on the rough sculpt,
DaiX BlockInLegs2.jpg
DaiX BlockInLegs2.jpg (110.15 KiB) Viewed 15964 times
DaiX BlockInLegs.jpg
DaiX BlockInLegs.jpg (84.93 KiB) Viewed 15964 times
Crash

Post by Crash »

I like that version of the Quasar. I like the nose even better. It has that nice shape that the aircraft from the movie Stealth all have.

That black panel on the back. It could lift up and have the turret swivel under it.
I also like the green controls. Unlike WingBlade, I'd given no thought to the cockpit interior. Like I say, I dreamt it up while I was bored at work.

I think the legs on these models look good. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AlienRaider

Post by AlienRaider »

Funny you say that- there is something about that kind of nose isnt there? I think Ive seen it here and there in Macrosse fighters.
Another update on the torso. I think I am going to be a little messy in the model and correct the final renders in photoshop.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (57.81 KiB) Viewed 15939 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 15939 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (59.58 KiB) Viewed 15939 times
AlienRaider

Post by AlienRaider »

More views
Attachments
Reference.jpg
Reference.jpg (74.68 KiB) Viewed 15937 times
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (50 KiB) Viewed 15937 times
AlienRaider

Post by AlienRaider »

Blocking in hip assemblies.
DaiX WIP.jpg
DaiX WIP.jpg (95.37 KiB) Viewed 15905 times
Crash

Post by Crash »

This has come along already!
Have you had any thought about its weapons?

The Jaegers were conspicuously short of weapons, presumably so that they would brawl with the monsters and not turn them into laser and missile fodder.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I love the way you seemingly casually throw out these designs in two seconds flat! I used to have a monochrome hand scanner for God's sake! I must admit to only having seen clips of Pacific Rim, haven't played catch up with it yet, but I imagine that as all the beasties were rampaging in densely populated urban environments collateral damage was a bit of a no-no? So it's melee weapons a go go.

I've always liked Optimus Prime's forearm slicer from the first movie that he uses to decapitate that mine sweeping decepticon or whatever he was. Or you could for for the blunt force trauma option and have pile drivers or similar built in somewhere. Traditionally his chest pieces or the X on his forehead ought to be able to do something clever, perhaps he could have an electrified net or something?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

You mean a "solar electric energy net" ... or whatever it was called, lol.

Zentrix had some very good energy blades on its robots that would extend from their forearms. That was before the Transformers movies were even made.

I overheard some hick at work today (supposedly, an expert on storage area networks) saying how bad a film Pacific Rim was.

The only criticism that he could level at it, was that it had a story, such as it was.

I heard him telling people the other day that the UK electricity grid ran on AC and the US one somehow miraculously ran on DC.

I couldn't be bothered to correct him.