The Star Fleet/X-Bomber Sound Effect Package

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Hey everyone, I got finished watching Gerry Anderson's failed pilot series "Space Police" (which would later be adapted into "Space Precinct" in 1994) and I noticed something. The sound masters on this are largely the same ones in "Star Fleet" as well. At first I thought this was a coincidence, until two particular scenes.At the villians hideout, the door opening sound is the same from the first episode when the Astro Fighters are ordered to launch at Pluto Base. Why is this weird to me? That sound was most likely a Japanese master, as it is present in the original Japanese masters of "X-Bomber".Then, there's the scene where they destroy their hideout. The explosion sounds are the same explosions used in "Star Fleet" throughout the whole series (no additional explosions, just the same). In the same order that you hear the explosions in the series (what I mean is that the explosions in every episode they're used, happen in the same pre-edited order with several pistol varient explosions) even with that explosion with a metallic clank.See for yourselveshttp://www.andersontv.co.uk/DSL/SL.WMV
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

I will be updating this package - megaupload is dead thanks to our facist US government and I have many improvements that will sound a hell of a lot better.Look out for said new package