Remastering Progress

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaDDy65HBQHere is a small scene I put together from the French footage of the attack scene from Episode 2The real point of sharing this, take a look at 7:41 in the video. That it is the first real good attempt at remastering scenes by hand in photoshop frame by frame for future attempts that may or may not take place.I did the scene from Episode 1 of the Alliance attacking Pluto Base, but considering the brightness of it; the grain is pretty clear in areas.Here are the downloads for the seperate scenes.Episode 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?o4dgeov9m53ezzmEpisode 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?tfu3ekgl6wax3oiSpecial thanks must certainly go to Crash for sending me rips of the Japanese DVD - those do justice when the color and contrast levels are adjusted appropriatly. I also did removal of dust and scratch marks from the masters whilst restoring.
Crash

Remastering Progress

Post by Crash »

Excellent resultsI wasn't even watching for the 7:41 shot when I watched first time and it already stuck out then as being really impressive-looking.You've done a fantastic job.I had nothing to do with this by the way. Sorry for having delayed the results for people.Took me ages just to rip some DVDs.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Remastering Progress

Post by Vanessa »

Just watched your attack scene from episode 2, and what a difference!Amazing improvement in quality.I wish the UK StarFleet DVD's were done to this high standard.I sincerely hope you can do more clips like this. I really enjoyed it.Also, I watched your Interster attack scene with new SFX, which was up next on the youtube links list. Very well done again. It just needs the voices, I must try to record some for you, as I think it's a worthwhile project.Well done!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Feb. 26 2012,23:33)QUOTEJust watched your attack scene from episode 2, and what a difference!Amazing improvement in quality.I wish the UK StarFleet DVD's were done to this high standard.I sincerely hope you can do more clips like this. I really enjoyed it.Also, I watched your Interster attack scene with new SFX, which was up next on the youtube links list. Very well done again. It just needs the voices, I must try to record some for you, as I think it's a worthwhile project.Well done!Me and possibly Mach1na, if she has the time in the future, will probably be remastering the series with those masters - with me working on the missing or shortened scenes in photoshop. Since I don't have access or the money to buy the French DVD - I wouldn't be doing it myself. I did have links to the seperate rips until our facist US Government took down megaupload. The first four episodes are on YouTube, I need to ask the uploader if he can upload some more.I've gotten a little farther, j3pfilms will be doing the voice of Gorman and maybe some extras.
Crash

Remastering Progress

Post by Crash »

... French DVD of Interster, or Star Fleet, sorry?Hadn't grasped that Mach1na was a woman until now.
Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

Star Fleet, or should I say "Bomber X"This is quite akward, Mach1na's male. I was apparentally mixing up Mach1na and Vanessa or something. I am red faced.... :IHis icon is rather ambiguous, as mine can be at times.....I'd fix that, were I able to edit after 30 minutes..

Crash

Remastering Progress

Post by Crash »

Well, I have now reverted to my original sexist presumption.Although, I had spoken to the guy on MSN and he seemed to me, for all the world, like a guy.What's the difficulty you're facing in getting the French DVDs? ... Because I'd like to help you get around it.http://www.amazon.fr/Bomber-....2DVA05OIs about 60 Euros ... seems to me like you need it for your project. And I want to see that go ahead because you're great at the remastering; both audio and video.I'll try and get it for you but let me wait until the end of the month when I get paid.I might order 2 copies; one for myself and one for you.Do you know who put the links up on MegaUpload? Were those uploads of the raw DVD files or were they encoded into MKV format or whatever?

Mach1na

Remastering Progress

Post by Mach1na »

Hello. I doubt I'm going to have time to get involved atm. What with the car crash which involved my car being written off with the help of some silly women who pushed me into the path of a lorry, my crazy work schedule, and my recent sex change time has been a bit short of late.

Even in Death, I still Serve
Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

(Mach1na @ Feb. 28 2012,21:03)QUOTEHello. I doubt I'm going to have time to get involved atm. What with the car crash which involved my car being written off with the help of some silly women who pushed me into the path of a lorry, my crazy work schedule, and my recent sex change time has been a bit short of late. Understood.. Life's crazy.lol, again sorry for that mixup....Here's the next one which merely took me two days...http://www.mediafire.com/?hs5o8w5j99wmuq4I'm not terribly happy with it in terms of comparisson w/ the original shortened one in the French version - but it's definately worthy to be usedI'll be on to Episode 4's cut scene next. After that, I've no real comparison to ref my remasterings on - so I may start either going solo on there or wait; but I'll probably still do the one from Episode 6 since that one was cut as a whole and I don't need one thus.I think i'll go remastering the deleted or pre-special effect scenes seen in the "next episode" trailers after that. The French version doesn't have those; period. I gotta resort to using the grainy English masters in some areas, since some places in the Japanese one have words covering it. In other areas, we can just edit the scenes from the actual episode there when they're used.As much as I'd like to get everything done before I graduate; that'd be probably unrealistic. I'm cheap and use my free time at school to work on these in photoshop. But that doesn't mean I'm done; I'm going into a tech college that requires I have a macbook with pre downloaded Adobe programs - so I'd resume; it'd be a hiatus simply

Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Feb. 28 2012,00:11)QUOTEWell, I have now reverted to my original sexist presumption.Although, I had spoken to the guy on MSN and he seemed to me, for all the world, like a guy.What's the difficulty you're facing in getting the French DVDs?  ... Because I'd like to help you get around it.http://www.amazon.fr/Bomber-....2DVA05OIs about 60 Euros ... seems to me like you need it for your project. And I want to see that go ahead because you're great at the remastering; both audio and video.I'll try and get it for you but let me wait until the end of the month when I get paid.I might order 2 copies; one for myself and one for you.Do you know who put the links up on MegaUpload? Were those uploads of the raw DVD files or were they encoded into MKV format or whatever?Yeah, that was my mistake; my stupid mistake....I'm having no difficulty other than the fact that I really don't want to spend my money on it - I have other things on my mindThis re-edition is 40 euros..... plus it has a cooler cover.... http://www.amazon.fr/Bomber-....7827912If you want to, go right ahead - I'd appreciate it, but am certainly not set on it as you've done enough for me and my impatient arse. But if you want to see this go into work; that'd perhaps be wise.No, I found it on a forum with links to other Japanese episodes (5 were from the Japanese DVD and the other were all probably off of laserdisc conversion if that exists... What seperated those was that they had titles for the episodes not to mention the much worse quality. I uploaded those to YouTube), The English episodes and the French ones.They were uploads of MKV files infact - before they were lost; I downloaded them for screencaps and upload on YouTube (albeit they were on an account that got suspended since)