20 Years of SFXB!

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

20 Years of SFXB!

Post by AndyThomas »

I just checked the Wayback Machine and between it and the date I registered the domain - we've been going 20 years. The mind boggles! And to boggle you even more - here's half an hour of, well, me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5YYr3M0j_Q
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Re: 20 Years of SFXB!

Post by Crash »

Hi Andy!
What a based video, I think this is a really interesting bit of Star Fleet history; about the making of the site and the DVDs etc. I want to put a copy on the site.

Things are wild now, but It's been a great 20 years. I think our sites will be around for another 20 years, and I think the next 20 years are going to be even better.
If you ever want help automating SFXB with some PHP, to run from a database, or some content files, I can try to help with that.

You never run out of things to do with Star Fleet. I caught a lucky break with regard to the Japanese comics lately, but it'll take a while to collect all of both series and get them to the UK.
If I can get another 20 years, I might just get on top of all the things I want to do with the site.

It makes me want to do a similar video. The X-Bomber game deal will be 20 in summer 2022 and xbomber.co.uk was registered in December 2003.
This is why the game story begins in summer 3002; seemed poetic.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Jiraiya

Re: 20 Years of SFXB!

Post by Jiraiya »

Here's to the next 20, I have a treasure trove of Star Fleet fan art to upload soon and also send copies to Crash.