IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by AndyThomas »

I'm very happy to announce that, all being well, we should see a UK re-release of all 24 episodes of the show before the end of the year. I don't have precise timings for you, but the company that is bringing out Mysterious Cities of Gold very soon will also be taking on the release of Star Fleet. As you'll see if you look at the appropriate Wikipedia entry, they've already noted their involvement and in due course you'll be able to request what you'd like to see in the release on their web site. The company is Fabulous Films and their website is:Fabulous FilmsAnd so it begins!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Zordon

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Zordon »

Awsome news Andy, I've only just bought Ebay DVD's recently so actual Released DVD's are a must for my growing collection.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Crash »

For the WIN!!!
Dream big and bold and daring.
FZeroOne

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by FZeroOne »

Awesome news, Andy - thanks!I guess original Japanese with English subs will be a bit too much to hope for...?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Shane »

Yeah, probably too much work. It'll be interesting to see what shape the episodic series is in after all these years, as it has always had a slightly different video style look to it when you compare it to X Bomber where you can blatantly see it was originally shot on film.Great great news though, and hoping they have the money to re-master it. Anyone have any idea of the track-record of the company who is releasing this?It'll certainly be good to have Star Fleet on DVD. Never bothered with the ebay bootlegs, and haven't watched the series properly for a number of years now. So I shall gladly wait for an official release.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
felice

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by felice »

Wow, that's excellent news!
Bradster

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Bradster »

Gosh sakes! What great news! Thanks for the heads-up, Andy.
Happosai

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Happosai »

At lassssssssst![Happosai]
Matt Darcy

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Matt Darcy »

Delightful news, really nice to see shows like this getting a second run.Now all we need are re-makes, a movie and a cgi show and the circle will be complete.
Gareth

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Gareth »

Its nice to return to the forum,i had to log in again and read such fantastic news! Its great to see Shane has his website up and running again too.Now ive heard the news it may at last be released on DVD, i want more details!