IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Dr. Ben

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Dr. Ben »

Hooray!Time to get a multi-region DVD player!!!Finally!
Crash

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Crash »

Ay? What region are they planning on releasing it as?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Happosai

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Happosai »

R2, if it's a UK release...Dr B is is USAland (R1).[Happosai]
kinkladze

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by kinkladze »

That is fantastic news!!!!!I've got an ebay dvd from ages ago, now time to get the real thing!!!Can't wait for this!!!
Jon Talpur

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Jon Talpur »

Just been told this after moaning in another forum that Star Fleet hasn't officially been available over here for two decades!This is fantastic news! When I was told it was genuinely coming out, I knew it would be Fabulous Films who would be behind it. Hopefully they can at least get the English-language prints from Central and clean them up a bit, if they still exist on film.It's amusing timing though, as I spent quite a lot of last year converting the Japanese DVDs to PAL and then dubbing in the soundtrack to all 24 original English episodes (rather than compilations). Still, I'll take a long-overdue official release any day!
djdust

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by djdust »

(Jon Talpur @ Feb. 27 2008,07:07)QUOTEIt's amusing timing though, as I spent quite a lot of last year converting the Japanese DVDs to PAL and then dubbing in the soundtrack to all 24 original English episodes (rather than compilations). Still, I'll take a long-overdue official release any day!Funnily enough, I was working on a very similar project myself!!! Ah well.... I'm a bit confused by the announcement on the front page of the site. Is the Japanese X-Bomber set getting re-issued or is Andy referring to the limited release a few years back..?
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
AndyThomas

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by AndyThomas »

No, that's just the old news about the Japanese box set - might as well take that off now. The timing is ironic for me as well, I'd also just finished cleaning up my US video set and creating DVDs! Still, useful for now as we have a little while to wait yet.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
djdust

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by djdust »

good, it means my box set is still rare! Hoorah!! ;)
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Shane

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Shane »

And funnily enough I had pondered doing the same, if official DVDs were'nt forthcoming.I love the quality of the Japanese set but really miss the electro funk music and the english dialogue. (Particularly Makara.)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Happosai

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Happosai »

I'd still like to see a fansub of the original Japanese version, just to find out what differences there are between that and the English adaptation.[Happosai]