Help shape the Star Fleet DVD

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
earthshock

Post by earthshock »

(AndyThomas @ May 01 2008,22:05)QUOTEAll the episodes individually, as they were originally shown...Hiya - just found out that the DVD is out later this year - fantastic news as I loved this as a kid. Question though - when you say "as originally shown" is this the full UK version, as I seem to remember reading that the US version was edited down a bit in comparison?The grainy old VHS copies I have (almost worn out through watching them over the years) are the full version I think.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

i beleave this will include the closing titles and " next time on star fleet" moments that we only saw on cdr every 4 episodes.I wonder if we'll get a new intro? or maybe brian may's theme replacing Paul Bliss' synth intro?
Look an Alien cruiser!!
djdust

Post by djdust »

(Zordon @ Jul. 22 2008,08:45)QUOTEI wonder if we'll get a new intro? or maybe brian may's theme replacing Paul Bliss' synth intro?Over my dead body!!!!
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

And over my burnt-out circuits! Oops, that's a quotation from Terrahawks, not Starfleet.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I've just had sight of a sort of marketing plan type document and the screen grabs in there were incredibly crisp and clean looking. If the rest of the DVD footage has cleaned up that well, we are in for a real treat. I am genuinely excited about this now, it's actually going to get there all being well!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

That is quite reassuring to hear. Pity they've maybe had to pay twice to get the remastering done.Is this DVD set still supposed to be out in January sometime? Is it still going to be here for my birthday?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Great news, indeed! I'm really looking forward to seeing this since the best I've seen before was on old, worn-out VHS tapes.My order on Amazon still has the late January/early February ship date; so, here's hoping it's still on for that schedule.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Apologies, got over-excited - apparently they were stills Enoki provided them with. However, I may well have sight of the actual discs before long - release date is looking like early February now, so not too much more slippage at all. I'll report back when I know more....
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah, the X Bomber stills generated from the Japanese DVD set are on the whole crystal clear and these are direct from the original masters, (both the Laser Disc and DVD versions were not re-mastered to my knowledge).If the work they've done on the Star Fleet masters looks anywhere near as good, we're in for a treat come Feburary.It'll certainly be nice to watch Star Fleet without that dull washed out video look we've had to put up with for the best part of two decades.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

Hey Andy,Any clue if they'll release this set on this side of the pond?