Help shape the Star Fleet DVD

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
djdust

Post by djdust »

A featurette about Paul and his music would be flipping wonderful...
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Shane

Post by Shane »

(djdust @ Mar. 31 2008,12:06)QUOTEActually, I could quite happily do WITHOUT that turgid Brian May video thank you very much - wouldn't it cost a fortune to include it anyway?? ;)Not a big fan of his interpretation of the Star Fleet theme either, but like I said, it would seem an obvious choice as an extra; most people thought he was responsible for the show's music anyway, so at the very least it could be used to show that that wasn't quite the case. That coupled with a Paul Bliss interview would do the job a treat. Someone did actually post on the forum a while ago, who had got in contact with Paul about the music for Star Fleet. I don't think he got a lot of information out of him though, apart from the synthesizers he used to compose the score.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Post by Shane »

(Gareth @ Mar. 31 2008,12:28)QUOTEYes i agree Shane,i would love to know what happened all the props and puppets.Andy i would be more than happy to help with a merchandise gallery if they were keen.I should have nearly all there is to own which was out there.I know Shane was a keen buyer too but i think he sold some of his collection.The offer is there mate.Yeah, sold all the toys; kept all the books, magazines, videos and DVDs though.The on the set photos from your rare Japanese magazine - which can be found at: www.bigdaix.co.uk - would be a great inclusion, Gareth, if they could possibly get the rights to use them within a commercial release.

Mr Bilston

Post by Mr Bilston »

Hello - I'd like to ask Go Nagai if any of the SF characters were based on real people that he knew at the time of its creation (friends, family, celebrities, etc). Some of the puppets are very funny looking. And what is his opinion on why Star Fleet was so popular in the West, particularly the UK, where manga has never really been accepted. Does he have plans to bring out the puppets again and extend the series in the future?
Crash

Post by Crash »

Paul Bliss Interview - MandatorySeparate SoundTrack channel - MandatoryBrian May video - Not botheredCommentary - Would be much appreciatedI'd like to know whether Nagai and the makers planned on doing anything else with the show but were restrained by budget, time or there not being another series.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Jon Talpur

Post by Jon Talpur »

Just sent about 20 questions for Go Nagai to Fabulous, although I imagine most of them are already covered! The only extras I could think of adding to the set would be PDFs of the Look-In strips and World Annual - the Doctor Who DVDs have done exactly this, and there's not much else out there in terms of English printed spin-offs.
Mr Bilston

Post by Mr Bilston »

I don't know how much input he had with the music and general sound effects? But I would love to know what processes went into making those weird sounds...what electronic instruments, and old analog synthesizers were used, etc?
Shane

Post by Shane »

(Mr Bilston @ Apr. 01 2008,18:17)QUOTEI don't know how much input he had with the music and general sound effects? But I would love to know what processes went into making those weird sounds...what electronic instruments, and old analog synthesizers were used, etc?Check this out for a few minimal answers to your questions:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard ... f=1;t=924A full interview with Paul Bliss would be awesome though, and has to be on top of the list! his music really makes Star Fleet! The Japanese: X Bomber is not nearly as much fun to watch without all the electro funk.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Oh. My. :-)Go Nagai, the Grandfather of Mecha Shows! Er... er... er... Given that Star Fleet didn't exactly become a big hit in Japan, is he surprised that it still has a following outside the country after all this time? Also, as one of the driving forces behind the popularity of giant robots shows, how does he feel about the advances in robotics - e.g, the Honda Asimo - that have occurred since he started creating shows like Mazinger Z? And would he like his own giant robot - one with "Oppai Missiles", perhaps? :-)
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Just a reminder that you should email these questions to Fabulous to make sure they see them - they may not be reading them here. Keep them coming - I'll try and let you know when the interview has happened.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator