Soundtrack CD News

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Joe Meredith

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Joe Meredith »

Post had not come, but has now!!!!!Have just listened to whole CD loud!!!!!!!Totally amazing, and fantastic to hear....especially my favourite piece of music from the entire series from episode 5 which is titled Tears in the Snow on the CD...wonderful
Son Of Chronos

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Son Of Chronos »

The sound quaility really is amazing aint it? they've done a great job on this, well worth the cash.Its miles ahead of the TV sound rips, which ive become used to over the years, its just great to hear the music how it should be.

AotrsCommander

Soundtrack CD News

Post by AotrsCommander »

Yes, it's superlative. I think I must have listened to it for nearly twelve hours straight yesterday (on and off).If my Tarrainian Federation starfleet, whose ship stats I was writing up in the meantime, aren't inspired to win me every single game they play, I don't know what will!
Joe Meredith

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Joe Meredith »

Meant to add - its nice to see Andy getting a mention in the CD booklet as well
Joe Meredith

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Joe Meredith »

just a quick question...am rather tired so can't remember, but is the music from when the Imperial Planet heads for Earth on the CD?
djdust

Soundtrack CD News

Post by djdust »

Have been playing the CD to death today - it's not often that a dream literally comes true for me and this album is definitely one of the biggest wishes I've had since about the age of 10!!!  However, there are definitely a few tracks missing.  Not many though, and I've gotta say I'm astonished at what IS there and I'm not complaining about omissions - I've years of experience of getting Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica soundtracks CDs with the one track I reallllly wanted not on there so I'm used to it!!  ;)I'll write more later.  Am utterly giddy right now with what I've heard (the fly-by-Mars bit from ep 4 is still officially the most BEAUTIFUL piece of music I've ever heard in my life...  ;))

F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Bradster

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Bradster »

I'm so jealous of you guys right now. Waiting for international shipping across the pond is brutal! Hopefully I'll be listening to the soundtrack later this week...
Crash

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Crash »

Lol, just relax, my cheque has to clear first so... 'll probably still get it before Christmas.Parcelforce have my 1/100 Akatsuki Gundam just sitting in their warehouse awaiting processing. I even paid for it to be sent EMS from Japan!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mark42

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Mark42 »

(Crash Override @ Dec. 07 2009,12:46)QUOTEYeah, I emailed for the details for sending a cheque. I don't wanna use PayPal. I might be safer giving my card and PIN to some guy in the street.  (OK, that's a lie. I've maybe seen Watchdog too often).Yes I was going to ask to send a cheque but decided to just use Paypal, dead easy worked no problem and cd arrived within days.Fantastic music - I think it's going to be played many times in the next few weeks.My thanks to all involved in it's production.
Shane

Soundtrack CD News

Post by Shane »

The soundtrack is just wonderful!!!When I read in the sleeve notes that Paul had had to replace some of the synth sounds for the stereo mix, alarm bells started to ring in my head, but the final result is an amazing remix/remastering job with the new elements fitting in perfectly and complementing the original music.Suite 1: Track ii) EDF's First Encounter, seems to be one of the tracks that stands out as having the most re-done elements particularly the strings that don't quite have the same portamento wang as the music to the show, but the piece still sounds fantastic.As DJ Dust said, not everything is present, but I think all of the fan faves are on there.Suite 5 and 6 are my definite favourites, but hey, its all good!My thanks to all involved in the project. It is much much more than a simple re-master!What a great year to be a fan of Star Fleet.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!