Terrahawks Vol1 and Power Rangers on Ebay

Chat about collectables, videos
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

As the title suggests dear wifey of mine is selling Terrahawks Vol1 currently on £2.00 and a number of Power Rangers VidsSellers name is squiffybunny (her choice not mine)
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Squiffy Bunny!?Nice that Jim! Don't suppose you have volume 5 knocking around? I have a set of 6, but my vol. 5 is "Precision Video" whereas the rest are "Channel 5"Some would say 'be grateful', but if you're going to have a set, it may as well be a set!Regards,SCsfdthd
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Just out of interest, what is the difference (if any) between the Channel 5 and Precision copies? Something puzzling me: I thought Channel 5 didn't exist when the videos were first released? Didn't this channel appear in the late 90s? Maybe this has been explained here before, and I missed it?
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, Channel 5's just the coincidental name of the video company. The TV station, as you say, hasn't been around that long... As to content of the tapes, over to Simon on that one I think...?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Morning all,No difference whatsoever in the Terrahawks content. The covers on Precision were far better, carrying albeit in black & white, an assortment of stills, and if I remember correctly, one "backstage" type production photo.The Precision video's also carried around 8 minutes of promo for other GA programmes, Stingray and Thunderbirds are the ones that spring to mind.To cap it all, the Precision VHS boxes were cr@p too! They weren't the standard type box, and I almost broke mine every time I opened it!Hope this helps,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.comwww.TerrahawksDirect.comps. Did you know that there was a feature-length film called "Thunderbird 6"? All answers on a postcard to ...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

What, this one:On VHSOn DVDYou can also get a box set of the whole series of Thunderbirds et al - they're on a re-release cycle at the moment after the re-runs on TV.  Haven't actually seen the movie so I've no idea if it's any good...  Ah, and as I thought, there's also "Thunderbirds are Go!":On VHSOn DVDLooks like you used to be able to get them both on one tape, but it was deleted early 2000...  Again, no idea what it's like, haven't seen it...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator