laser discs going for sale

Chat about collectables, videos
Soyeb

Post by Soyeb »

Sell the whole thing to me me me I dunno how I'll capture it into a computer though, plus it'll take absolutely ages cos it's 25 episodes.Has anyone done a computer transfer of the LD yet?And while I'm at it, anyone done a computer transfer of the UK series?Soyeb
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Shane's done clips of his, yes. It ought to be very do-able, and I know a gizmo that'd do it. I may well be getting one to play with at some point ;) Darren's captured mp3s of the UK series, and he has loads of screen grabs but I'm not sure which version they're from...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Good grief. I can hear the sound of breaking piggy banks up and down the country! And how much, exactly, are laserdisc players these days - Shane? All in all that'd be a bloomin' expensive package although some of you do seem to have very deep pockets so I think I'll just get some popcorn and watch!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Absolutely - it'd just be a lot for me, personally, is what I'm meaning. I realise that it's an incredibly rare item to be able to actually buy in the UK...
Shane

Post by Shane »

Hiya gents.Yeah I got my disc set for around £250 that included shipping and such like from Japan so that wasn't too bad. The player came in at £200. So that was £450 to see an extra flashback episode. Doh! If Mark has the same set as mine ( The box looks like a book?) Then it is a very nice collectable. I think £350 is a little high, but hey if someone wants it I guess they will pay for it.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!