X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by AndyThomas »

A lot of the quotes in the Manga Max article are direct translations from the book, so I don't think there was any doubt it existed somewhere but as you say it didn't seem to crop up - probably because the text will be Japanese!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello All,With regards to the encyclopedia, would it have not been better for everyone to pool resources so as we could at least obtain a copy of the thing, and maybe let one of the major site holders hang onto it (myself excluded... oh go on then I'll keep hold of it!)This document would appear to be the last great elusive item that we all want to see.I'm sure that I wouldn't be the only one who would happily split the costs just to obtain the thing, or at least a part share of it.So, what do you think? If anyone wants to do this on the next Yahoo auction, we should become a little more organised.Regards,SIMON COVERDALESFDTHD
AndyThomas

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, I've suggested bidding "truces" in the past but it doesn't seem to work! It would make sense for an item like that, though, where it'd be more than just the SFXB crowd after it. You'd have to pool to stand a chance, as you say Simon. The only thing I'd point out, as I've mentioned, is that the text will be Japanese - and many of the images are already in the Manga Max article (and ergo my site). Thinking about it, I could scan the Max article from the magazine now that I have quite a nice scanner. Might have to have a word with Steve Kyte about that; has anyone not seen it? I'm going to have to make a "to do" list...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by Happosai »

Heh...anyone seen the Simpsons episode where Bart, Millhouse and Martin pool together to buy Radioactive Man #1...?[Happosai]
Jim Box

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by Jim Box »

I know the episode Happosai, was gonna suggest it but your post beat me to it!!!
Bradster

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by Bradster »

Quote Quote: from Happosai on 1:49 pm on Mar. 25, 2002Heh...anyone seen the Simpsons episode where Bart, Millhouse and Martin pool together to buy Radioactive Man #1...?LOL... indeed! So true, so true...
simoncoverdale

X-Bomber encyclopaedia

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello all,£80 for the encyclopedia? Was that it? Jesus! If I had the means to bid on Yahoo Japan, Id've bought if for myself!If anyone comes across the means to purchase this bloody item and can either tell me of do it for me, I will personally forward £100 to them prior to the auction end.Regards,SIMON COVERDALE