odd Ebay auction

Chat about collectables, videos
djdust

odd Ebay auction

Post by djdust »

hi allwhat the heck is this..?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 99649010is he 'masking' a bootleg with something else to try and make it more legit?
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
AndyThomas

odd Ebay auction

Post by AndyThomas »

(Thinks). Well, were we to give him the benefit of the doubt... Mike, I think it was you who sent it to me, and you have it on SFP - that cover of an anime based Japanese catalogue which includes Dai X but also covers lots of other shows? That might be what he's referring to. As for the rest and being able to get the show in Japanese - well, that'd be the laserdisc? Definitely seems a little odd, but I've never known anyone in the US to be doing bootlegs; after all, the full series is on NTSC tapes over there - which again he sort of mentions, as if they were available at conventions once. His feedback's generally good, so I don't know... Just a shame he doesn't include photos.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

odd Ebay auction

Post by Shane »

I've seen this guy on ebay before. On his item description he mentions that if you email him he will send you a picture of the guide. Well I emailed him about it a month or so ago and got a reply from him in which he said that he was unable to send a scan of the booklet but he could sell me a set of Star Fleet videos if I was interested. I basically left it at that.He's obviously using this "booklet" as a smokescreen in order to sell his bootleg copies. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

odd Ebay auction

Post by AndyThomas »

Well I've asked him for details as well, so I suppose we'll see...
AndyThomas

odd Ebay auction

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. I've just had a message back from him - when asked if he could give me a scan of the tapes' boxes his reply was:It's got a blank case.So that's that then ;)
simoncoverdale

odd Ebay auction

Post by simoncoverdale »

Morning all,Well, I guess my dealings with "Poppy Ranger" may be of assistance.I also bid for this item a little while ago as "TerrahawksDirect" (Think I must've still been logged into Ebay) and won. As soon as the auction completed, another auction with identical description was started.I had already paid via Paypal when I found the new auction so withdrew the payment, which didn't please our seller one bit.I assumed that this tape would be one of the Canadian releases, hence extremely rare. The seller claimed to have a couple of them. Given the fact that the rarer Star Fleet tapes appear on ebay about once every 3 months, I think I had a right to be suspicious.So people, bid away if you are happy!Regards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com