Japanese Yahoo Star Fleet search string?

Chat about collectables, videos
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello all,A while ago there was a post on the old forum which would search Yahoo Japan for "Star Fleet" items, and by using Bablefish, you would reach all of the Star Fleet related items.Since we've upgraded to Win2K I've lost my old shortcuts hence lost the link.Does anyone have it?Regards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com
Shane

Post by Shane »

There" target="_blank">http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search....p>There you go man.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Wow.  Goodies! Love the colouring book - that rear shot's actually going to help me do the 3D model, would you believe...!  You've got to love the Japanese attention to detail, haven't you?  Laserdisc set for sale as well - £225 is it?  Ouuuuch.... Heh, the translation's funny as well although interestingly you can make out parts of the Japanese titles for the episodes and stuff. Never really looked at Yahoo Japan before, thanks Simon, Shane, it's fascinating. If you're looking to translate a page try this:http://world.altavista.com/sites/gben/p ... nsRemember to select Japanese to English having put in the URL of the auction you're interested in...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, Mike, I wouldn't get too excited - it says 25 episodes + English version. As I think Shane will confirm, that's the laserdisc with the 25 Japanese episodes and the English Space Quest compilation - not something new. Interesting that 2 of them are available - clearly a few around... Plus that one doesn't sell internationally.So, those of you who have tried to bid for things direct from Japan - is it possible to do it directly, or do you really need an intermediary which I think some of you have mentioned?
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I did notice it mention "DVDBOX" - but laserdiscs presumably look similar to DVDs?  I've never actually seen a laserdisc "in the flesh", I must admit...  I suppose the problem here is that you're so reliant on the translation prog that without a picture it's hard to be sure - as you say, shame there isn't one.  Have you bought a lot of stuff from Japan then?  Shipping must be pretty expensive and they seem to be mentioning a large amount of tax as well?Additional: Having briefly looked at what else the bloke is selling, and assuming DVDs in Japan are about the same price as they are here, his price is well over the odds even for a DVD set so I think it must be the old laserdiscs - the starting price is over £100 (which admittedly is better than that other laserdisc auction, but he had pictures and it's pretty obvious his set is spot on).