Hello and the power of Dai-X t-shirts!

Chat about collectables, videos
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Hello, everyone!I've been dropping by the site for a while now, without introducing myself, but something happened to me the other day just after I received the wonderful Dai-X t-shirt and I could no longer resist mentioning it......first, my real name is Justin and, in a small way, I'm a little bit to blame for the existence of this forum. I met Andy on the internet on the same anime newsgroup a few years back and we got talking about Star Fleet and... well......what have I done?! I wish to stress, though, that Andy has done far, far more with the memories than I did or will ever do, and I'm frankly in awe of what he has achieved with this site. I never, ever would have believed that members of the X-Bomber cast would one day be contacting a UK site to offer their own insights into the show...! Amazing, simply amazing......anyway, back to the story. I was in a shop the other day looking for a replacement phone case, and after asking the girl behind the counter a question I already knew the answer to ("You don't do replacement cases for these, do you?" ), she said "I like your t-shirt!".I nearly passed out, I never get told things like that!I didn't even complain when she went on to say:"Transformers, yeah?" ^_^  
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

*mental note, really, really have to add that "not a transformer" disclaimer to the shirt*
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

But then they'll think it's a Welsh Transformer from Llandudno!  (There's a Llandudno Junction, y'see, and Llandudno's in Wales, and, erm, never mind....!)  I'm actually in two minds as to whether or not to clarify things on the T Shirt.  It'll make it more expensive to make if it gets more complicated, and you do get the added bonus with it that Transformer T Shirts are quite "in" at the moment.So you can walk round happy in the knowledge that you're actually promoting Star Fleet and can laugh in that "I can't believe you don't recognise this mecha!" sort of way if someone foolishly identifies Dai X as Optimus Prime or similar.  Funny thing is, I don't think there actually IS a Transformer which resembles Dai X?!  Anyone?!  He's probably more Gundam-y then anything else...  
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Well, the acid test - er, I hope metaphorically! - will be in a couple of months when I attend an anime convention. If by the second day I've flung the thing from a high window with the cry "NO! ITS NOT A TRANSFORMER!" then we'll know a disclaimer is a good idea...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. Well, if they don't get it, just threaten to attach a lobster to their face. That'll "educate" them!*Disclaimer - please do not attempt to attach crustaceans to people's faces in real life. They really won't thank you for it. Really.*
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

<injoke>Hehe...I guess there's no escaping the clutches of the CoM...!</injoke>[Happosai]
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

CoM?!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

CoM = The Church of Mecha (note spelling!); a running joke on uk.media.animation.anime; followers, acolytes and the priesthood of the CoM are dedicated to the worship of the Giant Robot in all its forms, and the surpression of our mortal enemy, the Unholy Sacred Cult of the Magical Girl... The one tiny problem with our unbounded love for big robots with biggger guns is that people keep telling us that they can't possibly work. Fortunately, being a Church, we don't let that stop us... (please note, in case anyone is feeling slightly put out, the CoM is entirely tongue in cheek...!)