Nagai Go character figure collection...

Chat about collectables, videos
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN923818This has got to be the first X-Bomber related merchandise in what, 20 years...?!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Interesting - doesn't seem to be quite showing the Star Fleet figures themselves but the implication seems to be it'd be Dai X and Lamia... Presumably as they don't have the box image they've done their best to fill in...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

"Filling in" would appear to be right, if you look closely the Dai-X image has the Star Fleet logo in one corner!And before everyone rushes out to order these, a word of warning: sets like this are usually packaged as "trading kits". Cases are randomly packed at the factory, which means theres a chance that ordering a case won't get you a Dai-X or Lamia at all! Also, there is usually one "chase" - or hard-to-get - figure per set. Lamia or Dai-X could be one of these, making them even harder to get hold of. However, as this is a Nagai Go set, the chase figure could be one of his other characters - the ever popular Cutey Honey, for example, or the infamous Kekkou Kamen...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yes Mike's right, there was a Go Nagi vending machine set circulating in Japan a couple of years ago that featured Big Great X:I have the coloured Big Dai X seperately but also own a transparent version of the complete set.It is a crying shame that they don't re-release the original DX version of Big Dai X, whether they still have the molds or not is another matter, but Big Dai X is quite an important piece of mecha when you think about it. It was the first live action combining robot on Japanese TV, way ahead of the Sentai show Mecha in that respect, Sun Vulcan was sentai's first combiner in 1981 a full year after X Bomber.This new Go Nagi set is intriuging though, one to look for on ebay maybe, rather than buying them by the case full?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Ah - sorry, I didn't know about those! Being a mecha toy fan, I tend to think in terms of die-cast, spring loaded missiles, ratchet-joints... I would love to see a new Dai-X toy, but barring a minor miracle - or a Japanese toy company executive with a career death-wish! - I doubt it'll happen anytime soon...