Brian May video clip available!

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Back in June, some of us noted the brief reappearance of Star Fleet onto our screens in the Killer Queen! documentary:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard ... pic=57I've finally captured the small segment of the show featuring Brian May and will be updating the site in due course.  The video file is up now though, in Windows Media format - if this causes anyone difficulties let me know and I'll convert it into something more friendly, I was just trying to keep the file size down.  And yes, this does mean I have a new toy to play with!  I recommend saving it to your hard drive rather than streaming it unless your connection's nippy...http://www.sfxb.co.uk/vids/BrianMay.wmv
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Ooh, nice clip. Gracias! I had no idea he had a doctorate in astronomy. Wow!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yup, good ol' Patrick Moore thrown in for good measure! I remember when he used to be the talking head in Gamesmaster (old TV computer games show), I reckon aliens have made him immortal or something!
Chris Snape

Post by Chris Snape »

Excellent bit of archived footage there, Andy. Patrick Moore is a top bloke although he does remind me of the bug in 'Men in Black'... Wearing someone elses skin!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

There's an audience with Patrick Moore at Fab Cafe (cult TV and cinema theme bar...they actually rekindled my interest in Star Fleet by showing it on the monitors one evening...the tapes were provided by one Frank Sidebottom, apparently...!) in Manchester in a couple of weeks...I'm very tempted, as I've always thought he was a pretty top bloke, although he didn't come across that well on the episode of Room 101 he did...[Happosai]
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

Andy, any chance of getting a full version of BM's SFP up on the site. thats a gr8 quality video. BTW im trying to put a new version together.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

In theory I could now do a grab from a tape which has the full video on it but the quality would be dubious due to the quality of the source material. I could, I suppose, dub the mp3 onto the video so that the sound quality would be better. Another alternative would be, as you seem to be suggesting, to take similar footage from the Keeli episode and splice that with the mp3. I have other priorities at the moment but I'll think about it next time I'm doing some captures.
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

Any of those sugestions would benifit SFXB greatly. The version im working on with feature more of the lads in X-Bomber and Dai-X and not just Shiro.