Quality Video Copies

Chat about collectables, videos
Chris Snape

Quality Video Copies

Post by Chris Snape »

Just to let you guys know I am away with work for a week in America so will put the video distribution on hold until I get back. Anyone waiting for copies or E-mail replies please hang on! Cheers.
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Chris Snape

Quality Video Copies

Post by Chris Snape »

I retuen from America amongst all the hassle and have re-started my distribution again. Those who are waiting sorry for the wait. Will have them with you soon enough!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Babbers777

Quality Video Copies

Post by Babbers777 »

Chris Snape asked me to write this so..... my thoughts on buying tapes from him are that it has been a bit of a slow and arduous ordeal. I contacted him early Jan and waited a week for a response. He told me that they tapes were £40 for the whole series which is fair enough. I waited for what seemed eternity and after a lot of "where are my tapes" emails they arrived !!! In fact a couple of days ago. Woo Hoo !!! You get two tapes, plainly marked 1 & 2.The quality is ok ... the picture quality is pretty grainy with a few blips here and there but the sound is really good to be fair. My only real gripe apart from the length of time it takes to get them, is that Chris has recordeed the 24 episodes onto two VHS long-player tapes. What happens if you don't have a long-player machine ? The tapes would be useless. Luckily I do ....The fact that they have been recorded on long-play will certainly not help the quality of the picture and to be honest seems really tight of Chris Snape when you are paying 40 quid for a couple of cheap quality tapes.C'mon Chris I am sure that you could be a bit more generous with what you are sending out.If I had to do it all again I would probably go to eBay and buy the original tapes that you see in circulation as you would at least have a genuine product and would get them pretty quickly too.
Chris Snape

Quality Video Copies

Post by Chris Snape »

Just to add my view of the above message:My apologies for the time it has taken to get the tapes to you but I am in the middle of moving house at the moment so access to my PC is infrequent at this time.Regarding the videos: They are recorded in SP. I have never recorded them in LP as this, as you mentioned, does have a negative effect on the sound and picutre. The tapes are 4 hour in length which is pretty standard across the board now and I use a high quality TDK tape to get the best picture possible.
mikey p

Quality Video Copies

Post by mikey p »

Hello everyone, I received my copies from Chris just this morning and I am extremely impressed with the quality of the videos, managed to squeeze the first episode in before I came to work, seriously considering pulling a sickie to watch the rest...!Thanks Chris for giving me something decent to watch on the box !All the bestMikey P
Chris Snape

Quality Video Copies

Post by Chris Snape »

Thanks for the reply!Just to update everyone I am now in a new house and my video distribution is now up and running to it's normal speed. Will be moving my PC this weekend so I will be replying to E-mails upto speed after this weekend.Thanks for your patience.
Crash

Quality Video Copies

Post by Crash »

Short Play / Long Play - bit of a difference. Struth.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Chris Snape

Quality Video Copies

Post by Chris Snape »

Don't worry I am still getting my mail. You will be sorted ASAP.Crash: Tell me about it!