X Bomber DVD Boxed Set going on ebay soon!

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

Post by Shane »

Just to let anyone know that's interested that I will be putting an original Japanese X Bomber DVD boxed set on ebay in the next week.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
felice

Post by felice »

I assume I missed it...
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

Curses! Passed me by...
Smartie

Post by Smartie »

These box sets seem impossible to find, even -cough-bootleg, I'd be interested to watch the original Japanese as I was under the impression that as well as the music the episodes are also edited differently to the English versions.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I didn't actualy bother selling the set in the end. I sold most of my other Star Fleet/X Bomber merchandise, but stopped short of selling the X Bomber: Laserdisc and Dvd sets, because like you say, they are very hard to get hold of.The Japanese episodes aren't edited any differently than the English series that was broadcast, there's just one extra episode that didn't make it over into the Star Fleet run.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Joe Meredith

Post by Joe Meredith »

I did have the Japanese set too, and decided to sell it when I was planning to get married - unfortunately about a month after I sold it that was all off, but I suppose at the end of the day I couldn't understand Japanese language and at least the series is getting a proper UK release now, and it went to a very good home too! The 'missing' episode was yet another clips show, set on the Imperial home planet...quite amusing to see Makara and Orion having a knees up, though there is little new in the episode, hence why it was dropped from Star Fleet
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

If there were no edits to the original Japanese version to create the English language version, I'd certainly be interested in getting hold of an audio rip of the first Japanese episode to use in conjunction with the forthcoming English box set, with a view to doing a fan translation (script-only release, obviously)...I don't really speak Japanese myself, but might be able to convince someone I know to help out (or at least attempt a 'Babelfish' translation).[Happosai]