My Dai X Just arrived from Japan

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

Post by Shane »

I recently bought a bargain die-cast Dai X (ST version) on ebay and lo and behold the wonderful Mr postman has just delivered it. No customs charges either! Result!It's mint on blister card, but the plastic is stapled onto the card and can be carefully removed (and remove it I will).I don't regret selling most of My Star Fleet/X Bomber stuff a few years back, (lets face it the x bomber models are poor) but I do regret selling the 3 die-cast versions of the Dai X (ST, DX and Blitzkrieg Combination).So this rectifies that mistake to a certain degree. The DX is going to cost a few bob more (A slightly knackered loose one has just sold for the best part of £50) so I'd have to get lucky to justify that. And a Blitzkrieg Combination these days will need a small lottery win, so little chance there.Still, I'm happy to have one of them back.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hey well done. I hate customs charges. I'm still on my first degree - I shouldn't have to pay tax anywhere let alone in 2 countries. They sting me for each master grade import.Anyway "photo or it never happened". lawl!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Post by Shane »

The custom checks are so random too. When I was a hardcore collector, some things would slip through, but you could bet your bottom dollar when you bought something really expensive you'd get hit. So I sympathise with you Crash. I bet those master grades are quite expensive anyway without the customs charges on top. Bloody government. *grumble grumble* I always try and buy from Europe whenever possible, but unfortunately Japan and the US generally have all the good stuff innit?I'll surely take some snaps of the Dai X when I get a new digital camera (my old one is toast).
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Bet you're enjoying the little guy! I have a rather battered one - I was so excited to actually find a Dai-X toy that I didn't check the condition too much. I always thought that the ST was boxed (though mine came with a card bag that suggested it was some sort of fairground prize) though...?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I really am. If I can't afford to get the other two back, I'll be quite happy with this little fellow. I seem to appreciate it more now than when I was a mad collector.Yeah, the ST one I had in the past was boxed. This is exactly the same die-cast toy with the same accessories but on a blister-card, it may well be the same as yours.It has some instructions on the back of the card in black and white and the front has the picture of the Dai X cross-section with photos of X Bomber, The Alliance Battle Cruiser and the handshake meeting picture at Star Fleet Command all surrounded by a pink border.It does seem like a fairground prize, but what a prize! And die-cast. It certainly outstrips the other X Bomber fairground style toys. There's one such example at lulu berlu:http://www.luluberlu.com/dhtml/home.php ... tre=Bomber XOnly 19 Euros, so not a bad deal, but its, er... green!?There are some really scary prices on that page though, including the boxed ST Dai X for 249 Euros and a Dengeki Gasshin for 999 Euros! Gasp!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

The green one is a new one on me, as well! I've just dug up the packaging for mine and I'd completely forgotten that although it did come in a cardboard-headed bag, the box was folded up inside, complete with toy catalogue inside! Seems that it was indeed re-packaged at some point as some kind of prize. Odd how many package variants there seem to be but I guess after Takatoku went bust the stock ended up in all sorts of odd places...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

After asking the experts at Toybox DX, it seems that the reason some X-Bomber toys were packaged in such a manner is that they were sold at "train kiosks" - small retail outlets at Japanese railway stations - and it was done to minimise the amount of space boxed toys would take up.
Shane

Post by Shane »

It makes sense. Still seems strange to have a gokin style die-cast at that kind of price point.Takatoku's side operation, Mark seemed to be responsible for the bulk of inexpensive X-Bomber train-kiosk type toys, pumping out dozens of candy coloured figure sets aimed for the slightly younger end of the market.