Rare X-Bomber related magazine on ebay

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

Post by Shane »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STARLOG....5834360Comes with a wicked X-Bomber poster!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

It's good - although it's a bit 80s for my room I think.I've seen too many 21st century mecha animes like Macross F and it's too late for me to go back now.How come the battlecruiser gets two photos? Although, I've seen the one at the top-left before and it I noticed that it shows the Alliance Fighters with a cool, blue paint scheme.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Post by Shane »

If I was still a mad collector I'd snap it up, but those days are gone.I don't know how recent the magazine actually is, although I'm guessing it's from the time of X-Bomber's original Japanese TV transmission or even possibly later when the Laser Discs came out. I've certainly never come across it before that's for sure.Yeah, It's nice as a collector's piece, but I've seen all those stock images, featured on the poster, time and again.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I found this online today because I was hunting in vain for a model of the Dai-X that I could build to accurately reproduce the original rather than having a giant matchbox figure.BUT anyway, I found this: http://toyboxdx.com/phorum/read.php?6,2 ... ...7fcdba5... and I'm gonna work on implementing these melee weapons into the game. I think that sword is so big that it would work as a powerful but range-limited weapon and the rotating 4-bladed sword, which spins, could be used as a shield/weapon.Also the BrainCom and MainBody have booster parts, which are really well designed and I'd like to throw those in as well for Fighter-Mode. (Look at the way the BrainCom extension articulates to fit on the back of the combined robot. It looks remarkably like a sprite that I was gonna add the to back of the Dai-X to show that it had the spreadgun equipped except that was gonna be silver with no fins).I imagine that the show's creators must have had some input into the toys because they're fairly closely-based and they all have a signature X-shaped sword.I think it would be cool to play with those features and not have to shell out so much for the item.I might omit the black sword cos it's so similar to the silver one. Perhaps it can upgrade to the silver one in later levels rather than making it a separate option.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yep, I owned the Blitzkrieg Combination Dai X once-upon-a-time. A fantastic model and worth a ruddy fortune now. I would still love to see a perfect version at some point though; with the technology available nowadays, that model would be a knock out.I think you're right that the creators had some say in the vintage toys' design. The X-Sabre is practically cannon as far as I'm concerned. It may not have appeared in the show, but it's there in the blue print and comes with every Dai-X toy Takatoku produced. I'm sure if a sequel had been made you would have seen the Dai-X wielding the X-Sabre. It was one of the main things that I felt definitely needed to be included in TROM, that's for sure.It would be fantastic to see some of those melee weapons featured in your game, Crash.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Setting off with that:... http://www.xbomber.co.uk/iv/#/content/x ... ade.jpgI'd love to have a look at that blueprint if anyone has it because I don't think I've come across it.Have a look at the enemy robot (or the start of it) on my front page too.I think I'm gonna watch NCIS and turn in. I've had an exhausting and unpleasant day in court.God, can Fife council's solicitor talk... about nothing ... for hours. Most boring thing ever.Had to get up at 4:00 to get up there and back in a day.

Shane

Post by Shane »

Fantastic! You're a wiz at sprites. Great to see the toys influencing your game.There's a reoccurring cross-section image that appears on most of the Takatoku toy packaging, but I meant blueprint more figuratively in the sense that the X-Sabre came with each version of the Dai-X and that these toys were being produced in tandem with the production of the show, hence there's a feeling of that particular weapon being cannon.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

That Blitzkreig Dai-X toy looks fantastic. It's a shame you sold it Shane However, I too regret selling things in my past Hindsight is a wonderful thing...I look forward to reading about Dai-X using the X-Sabre very soon I know what you mean about the same old stock images appearing on all Star Fleet / X-Bomber stuff. It's a shame the puppets were all destroyed in that fire. It's very unlikely we'll ever get to see any other different images.I'm gonna see if I can get hold of that Starlog poster and scan it for the X-Archive
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah, out of all of the Star Fleet/X Bomber things I sold, that's the one I miss the most. Still, the collection was becoming a bit of an obsession and I was running out of space to store it all. These days I'm quite content with my standard Dai X diecast toy which is sat on my shelf.The X-Sabre was revealed in chapter 2 of TROM, but will see some more action before it's over.That would be great if you managed to get hold of that Starlog.