Star Fleet game

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Shane

Star Fleet game

Post by Shane »

I did eventually get it for the spectrum, not quite the same graphics wise but still a biatch to play.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Star Fleet game

Post by Crash »

Games Factory?! That's exactly what I'm using. It's great isn't it? You can download a new upgrade for free I understand. And theyre bringing out a 3d Version called Multimedia Fusion, bit more difficult to use tho'.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Star Fleet game

Post by Shane »

Yeah it's pretty good. I just bought it for a giggle really as it only cost me 5 quid. It's quite amazing what results you can achieve in next to no time isn't it? My Star Fleet Asteroids game is just the pulveriser tutorial game tarted up with Star Fleet ships and sounds.What do you plan on doing then, a side scrolling shooter perhaps?Shane.
FZeroOne

Star Fleet game

Post by FZeroOne »

Quote Quote: from AndyThomas on 8:03 pm on Oct. 11, 2002Heh.  "Kewl".  R-Typetastic!  As I may have mentioned a few weeks back, I've been thinking about giving my ships section in the overview part of SFXB its own section because it's the sort of thing I could ramble about very easily!  I'm not sure what I'd call it though - it'd be a sort of Technical Manual I suppose?  I would call it just "ships" but I'd aim for something a bit broader than that You could do worse, Andy, than calling it the "Mecha" section! Although a lot of people associate "Mecha" with "Giant Robots", it can actually be applied to any mechancial object. There are some anime with no robots whatsoever that have credited mecha designers, who work on things like cars and even telephones!Ah, R-Type. My favourite R-Type story regards a programmer who saw it in the arcades and thought "pity the poor devil who has to convert that for the Spectrum!" Guess who got the job? (and a fine one he did too!)It also had the best advertising line ever:"Its mechanical. Its biological. Its behind you... "Could be quite easily applied to Ms. Makara, couldn't it? ;)
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Star Fleet game

Post by Crash »

Mine's started from scratch but I'm going up the screen instead.  My grafix are drawn by me so theyre not really a patch on those.Oh yeah. What the heck's an R-Type, isn't a kind of Honda Civic?(Edited by Crash Override at 4:26 pm on Oct. 13, 2002)
AndyThomas

Star Fleet game

Post by AndyThomas »

We're clearly showing our age here Shane! R-Type was a contender for the crown of 8/16-bit horizontal scrolling shoot 'em ups. Very fast game, lots of power-ups and all that jazz. A far cry from Rocket Raid on the BBC B! BTW, no-one's commented on this yet in the Genesis thread so perhaps I should post it here:;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Star Fleet game

Post by Shane »

R-Type is a classic for sure. I do miss the 16 bit era of gaming, the Megadrive and SNES games of the early 90's totally rocked. Thats not to say I don't like modern games GTA3 is my all time fave, can't wait for GTA: Vice City when it comes out in a few weeks.Andy your 3d work is as solid as always, I'd just love to see a fleet of your ocean patrol fleet fighters go head to head with some of Nigels Imperial astro fighters. That would be neat.Shane.
AndyThomas

Star Fleet game

Post by AndyThomas »

I haven't quite finished the EDF fighter - I need to figure out some more detail, although there isn't a lot to go on. I also need to look at Nigel's fighter again in Cinema 4D - a few little niggles with the conversion to my format. Plus I am without clue as to how I might add serious pyrotechnics into the mix! However, I might see if I can arrange some formation flying or something!
Crash

Star Fleet game

Post by Crash »

Looks pretty cool to me man.  You might want to put some access panels and maintenance hatches and things on.  How is it that all the Webmasters at Star Fleet sites are really friendly and outgoing?  Have you noticed that theyre all really interested in what other people have to say and always offer to lend a hand?  (A bit unlike me).  (Edited by Crash Override at 6:10 pm on Oct. 14, 2002)
AndyThomas

Star Fleet game

Post by AndyThomas »

I don't know, it's probably a British thing. I've noticed that British newsgroups and similar tend to be more, ah, civilised is the wrong word, perhaps polite would be better... Of course, it might have something to do with the little metal face that covers one of my eyes and the things it whispers to me...*EOT*