UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
jamesaevans

UK DVD release

Post by jamesaevans »

(jamesaevans @ Jan. 19 2009,21:22)QUOTEHi,This is my first post on the SFXB forum after visiting occasionally over the last couple of years.Unfortunately my first post does not contain good news as I received the following email from Amazon today regarding my order:Dear Customer, Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date: Star Fleet - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] Estimated arrival date: 09/02/09 - 14/02/09However if the UK box set is as good as it looks then I'm happy to wait a couple more weeks.ThanksJamesLooks like the release date has slipped again as I got another email from Amazon:Dear Customer,Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date: "Star Fleet - Series 1 - Complete" [DVD] Estimated arrival date: 16/02/09 - 21/02/09James
dukedexter

UK DVD release

Post by dukedexter »

Hi,Whenever it does arrive , I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions regarding the picture quality and extras. My old DVDs are ropey old copies so I expect anything will be an improvement on them.Star Fleet and The Invaders in one month - not bad!
Joe Meredith

UK DVD release

Post by Joe Meredith »

James - are you in the UK or overseas? I have only just pre-ordered the set this week and have had no email to suggest a delay, and the date is still down as the 9th on the Amazon page...and didn't Daz (DJDust) say that he'd had an email from HMV to say it was on its way?Wish I'd ordered off them now!
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

I wonder if HMV are shipping because they are some kind of 'favoured outlet' as suggested by the competition they ran and are getting preferential treatment.I think I'll wait until I see mine in a shop. I don't like ordering things over the web... odd that.
Dream big and bold and daring.
jamesaevans

UK DVD release

Post by jamesaevans »

(Joe Meredith @ Feb. 06 2009,12:31)QUOTEJames - are you in the UK or overseas?  I have only just pre-ordered the set this week and have had no email to suggest a delay, and the date is still down as the 9th on the Amazon page...and didn't Daz (DJDust) say that he'd had an email from HMV to say it was on its way?Wish I'd ordered off them now!Hi Joe,Based in the UK and pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk in early January.You are correct the Amazon site is still showing a date of 9th Feb. However my order details screen shows 16-20 Feb, so looks like the web page has not been updated.James
Joe Meredith

UK DVD release

Post by Joe Meredith »

Just checked mine - it still says it will be delivered 10th-11th February...I wonder whats going on?
Bradster

UK DVD release

Post by Bradster »

For what it's worth, the delivery dates for me on Amazon.co.uk look like the following.On the open orders summary page:On the details page:Granted, I live in the US. So, an extra few days in transit for me makes sense.
Joe Meredith

UK DVD release

Post by Joe Meredith »

I have just checked, and have a similar message on my page Brad...
jamesaevans

UK DVD release

Post by jamesaevans »

Just received another email from Amazon today to say that my order has been dispatched.Looks like Amazon have their ordering system in a complete mess for this item.Hope it arrives on Monday   James
djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

Still no sign of my DVD set yet - there's been no post due to the weather..
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com