UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
Happosai

UK DVD release

Post by Happosai »

(FZeroOne @ Feb. 10 2009,19:42)QUOTEMy small photographic tribute of X-Bomber/Star Fleet merchandise to celebrate the release!:http://www.flickr.com/photos/fzero-one/3269572280/Dai-X on a trike still cracks me up...! [Happosai]
Serenity

UK DVD release

Post by Serenity »

^^ Mine arrived this morning. Hurrah!Now, is there any way that I can contrive a way to leave work early?!Yabba dabba doo!!!!!Ordered from HMV Online at about 5pm on Monday afternoon/evening and used the special - next day delivery option. Sadly, because I'd ordered late in the day they couldn't guarantee delivery yesterday. However, it turned up first thing this morning at around 8am!

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

Popped home at lunch to check my post again - no bloody sign of it. I think it's time to contact HMV as this is getting ridiculous now..
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Serenity

UK DVD release

Post by Serenity »

^^ I've had mixed experience with HMV in the past. None of it's been bad in terms of things taking weeks to turn up or not at all. Rather some things turn up in a day or so, while others have taken 4/5 days. To that end, I ended up paying about £6 for special next day delivery. Well worth it in the end.
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

well whoever reviewed it for sci-fi now magazine obviously dosen't like Star Fleet i for one do and i did not agree with the review at all as i have asked a friend of mine to order the complete series boxset through play.com.Andrew
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

i also didn't like the memorable scenes article in the sci fi now magazine they had a photo of hercules,lee and shiro all standing being sad and dr ben on the left hand side. there was a caption saying underneath who finds this scene funny and obviously Dr Ben dosent' look too clever and been on a bender. the scene in episode 19 of Dr Benn dying on the bridge is supposed to be an emotional moment and not intended to be funny. obviously Sci fi now like to take p****out of this great series.
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

The heartless bar-stewards! How can you not shed a tear when the poor Doctor buys the farm.The show was bloody traumatic, first Carter dies then Dr Ben, and even losing Kirara was quite tragic - floating off into space, shot to all hell, accompanied with the sound of baby Lamia's rattle. I tell ya, this show had soul!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Serenity

UK DVD release

Post by Serenity »

^^ Peter Marinker mentions on the 'making of' documentary that he milked Dr Benn's death scene for all it was worth! lolLet's also not forget Orion's demise. Talk about blaze of glory!

djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

Still no DVD. I'm completely p*ssed off now and have mailed HMV.com
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

That's bad to hear.I disagreed with Sci-Fi Now Mag's review even though I bought it. I sent their editor quite an email. Never got a reply.Their forum has they most awful anti-spam thing where you have to click on all the animals with fur... I tried it half a dozen times, got it wrong and it locked me out for good!!! - That's swell.
Dream big and bold and daring.