Teaser pic...

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
Bradster

Teaser pic...

Post by Bradster »

Here's a quickie teaser of a little project I'm working on. ;)btw, this is the same Brad that made the xbomber 3d desktop a long time ago
AndyThomas

Teaser pic...

Post by AndyThomas »

Oh. My. God. Brad! THAT Brad! Where have you BEEN! You and Messr Critten need to get your heads together! Stone the bloomin' crows, that's a cracking effort at the fighter - hopefully the X Bomber model's still around somewhere? Feel free to lob stuff at my inbox and I'll duly add your pics to the Genesis gallery. Talk about your bolts from the blue...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Teaser pic...

Post by Shane »

Flippin eck, thats good!Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
NC

Teaser pic...

Post by NC »

Hi Brad,Looking very good, you seem to have stuck to the original model while I made a few changes, which not everyone liked I still need to finish (restart) mine, and I've been playing around with the X Bomber just trying some bits out.What software are you using?Nigel
AndyThomas

Teaser pic...

Post by AndyThomas »

Speaking of which, I came across Blender Creator today.  Is that any good in terms of creating formats readable by other progs?  Its price, or lack of, was what was selling it to me but if it's not great I won't bother.  Demo looked impressive though...
NC

Teaser pic...

Post by NC »

I tried Blender and it confused me so much I didn't stick with it, it was an older version and it looks better now, I've heard good things... It can export and import DXF which most programs support in some way, it would be better if it supports 3ds but you should be alright with DXF, only problem is dxf is polygon only so if Blender supports Nurbs, SubPatches. etc. they will be lost in the conversion.Nigel
Bradster

Teaser pic...

Post by Bradster »

Yeah, Nigel, I liked yours too. Though, I was trying to stick as close to the originals as I possibly could with this one. I used several snapshots (mostly this one) as a guide.Actually, I just whipped that one model together in under a day. ;)I'm using Maxon's Cinema 4D XL 7.3 with BodyPaint and the Dynamics plugins. I'm using a dual-processor 500 G4 Apple PowerMac running Mac OS X (see a live snapshot here, heh). I have an old copy of Lightwave 6 also, but I prefer C4D myself. I've also got a really old copy of Infini-D 4.5, but that thing is years out of date. Very soon I will be getting the various "Reel Explosion" volumes from Artbeats and I'm looking forward to incorporating them into some space battles with Star Fleet. :biggrin:Yes, I do still have the x-bomber model from that old desktop picture. In fact, what inspired me to get back to work on these was this nice blueprint of the x-bomber. With this, I should finally have enough good detail of the aft section to try to finish the model (although I'll probably just rebuild it from scratch).I have also started reading through your Genesis story and am very impressed! I'd like to help contribute my talents to this project in any way I can!! :cheesy:(Edited by Bradster at 7:47 am on Feb. 20, 2002)
Jim Box

Teaser pic...

Post by Jim Box »

Grrrr makes you sick doesnt it current uptime 6 days, 13 hours etc.Marvellous Windoze 98 makes sure mine won't last 24hrs ;)Jim
AndyThomas

Teaser pic...

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Bradster on 11:52 pm on Feb. 12, 2002I have also started reading through your Genesis story and am very impressed! I'd like to help contribute my talents to this project in any way I can!! :cheesy:The more the merrier, Brad, the more the merrier!  Glad you're enjoying Genesis.  Plenty of battles for you to recreate there!  So I take it you hadn't visited any of the sites for a while?  You are credited for your desktop BTW - it's in the alt text for the image, don't know if your swanky Mac powerhouse bothers to display stuff like that ;)  You're also on the recently created Credits page, which now seems even more appropos!  As I say, feel free to let me know what images you'd like adding to the Genesis gallery...
Bradster

Teaser pic...

Post by Bradster »

Yeah, it had been a long while sine I last visited the sites. A friend of mine (also a Star Fleet fanatic... hopefully he'll start posting on the forums too) told me about the Big Dai X site, the Genesis Project, the new domain name, etc. and I was surprised so much had changed, to say the least. Thanks for postin' me on the credits too-- I'll be sure to toss some more pics your way when I get more models finished.Right now I'm testing a short scene with three Imperial Fighters chasing and shooting down a shuttlecraft (a Star Trek shuttle... gotta use other sci-fi meshes as placeholders for now ;)). I'll send you some large pics of it as well as a video as it progresses.