about brainder/Braincom

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
CondorJoe

about brainder/Braincom

Post by CondorJoe »

I'm totaly stumped over this. When we see the lads jump onto thier launch chairs well see for the first time a lenthy ride around x-bomber to their docks. now for my questions.1: how come shiro has to go for a ride around x-bomber when all he has too do is go outside the x-bomber bridge and down a shute in the main corridor? (have a look at brads x-bomber for refrence.2:we see the lads travel down the track. how can barry, lee and shiro be on the same track at the time when they have too go in oppsite directions.So how does shiro get too his docking area? I know you'l all say watch the series but you have too remmeber not all of the props are too scale so some size errors do acure.
Crash

about brainder/Braincom

Post by Crash »

I always thought the bridge was right at the front of the ship. Otherwise how would they see out when in neck-up mode?Braincom sits just in front of that nacelle-foot thing on the bottom of the ship which is at least half-way back along the length of the ship.Plus, by virtue of this method he only has to travel about half as far as the others, thus you'd expect he'd get there first which he actually does when you watch the videos.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

about brainder/Braincom

Post by AndyThomas »

Crash is right on all counts. The bridge is right at the front of X-Bomber's neck. If the chairs or some form of turbolift weren't there Shiro would actually need to go up hill on foot to get to Braincom. I would think a main track up the neck splits into three - one track going to each of the ships. As Crash has mentioned the neck-up position, I do wonder whether the tracks could still operate in that mode.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

about brainder/Braincom

Post by Crash »

Yeah spot on, Squire! Actually if you watch the clip "StarFleetDaixLaunch" from a certain site (:-)) then they do go together down the same tube there's just one frame that shows it and you can't really freeze an .wmv file.Anyway you see at least one person behind Shiro and then Shiro reaches brainder - (what a loser name that is) and the other two split up and head towards either wing where the other two fighters are housed in dedicated armoured hangars.So as you say they kinda do go the same way for a while then split up about half-way thru the trip.I WANT A RIDE ON THAT DAMMIT!!!
Crash

about brainder/Braincom

Post by Crash »

Oh yeah. Forgot about this bit. I reckon it could conceiveably work in neck-up mode because they're strapped in to those huge chairs and if they can go up what is basically a 45' angle then I bet they can go down a 45' angle when X-Bomber's letting loose on the old bad-news cannons.