Star Trek+Wars+Fleet mixes

Chat about creative work on other sites
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Well, the title pretty much says it all. I was going through some old junk and I found these videos on some old CD backups I made a few years ago. The original footage was awesome quality at 320x240, but I can't seem to find them. Instead, I just have these smaller "web-size" versions. The second is also incomplete, as you can see the real X Bomber at the end. Now, I can't remember if I ever posted these to the old Star Fleet bulletin board... that was so long ago.In any case, I got a good laugh at them. What do you think?Star Fleet meets Star Wars, in defense of Pluto Alpha Base (5.6 MB)X Bomber becomes the USS Enterprise when attacked by Star Wars' "Imperial Fleet" (3.4 MB)
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Very cool stuff especially the first one, I take it you have seen the movies at www.spacebattles.comJim
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Ah, yes, the venerable SpaceBattles.com. Oh, how I look up to them and wish I too had stock footage of fireballs and explosions at my disposal... :biggrin:ArtBeats.... why must you be so expensive??
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I've only watched the second one so far, but it's very well cut and highlights perfectly the Star Wars cash-in element of Star Fleet. Shiro has ever reminded me of Luke Skywalker. I liked the juxtaposition of the older Enterprise (well, I suppose it's the sort of "middle" Enterprise now!) for X Bomber rather than the Falcon - makes sense, because the X-B always seems to get well and truly clobbered because of its size...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Quote Quote: from AndyThomas on 9:30 am on Mar. 8, 2002I've only watched the second one so far, but it's very well cut and highlights perfectly the Star Wars cash-in element of Star Fleet.Ah, then you certainly need to see the first one. My favorite of the two, the first clip introduces the Imperial Battle Cruiser from the Pluto Alpha Base battle as the impenetrable Death Star.If only I could get a cable to reach from my VCR to my computer, I might take a shot at arranging another mix. Hrmm... looks like I'd better move some of my furniture this weekend!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I suppose in many respects doing videos involving different genres is easiest that way, rather than the tooling up in a 3D way to generate your own from scratch.  Hmm.  I've got some Babylon 5 clips on CD somewhere...  Thing is I've almost got too many options for my own good with this new machine, and I don't have enough free time to get good at all of them so I think I'll have to try and focus on one thing at a time.  But certainly with AVI (and MPEG to a lesser extent) footage I've got the software to do all sorts with it now, it's just a question of getting to grips with it...  There's never enough time.  I think I'm going to have to upgrade my website editing software, because I could make it that little bit faster to manage if I took that step...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Doesn't Windows come with something called Windows Movie Maker? Is that any good?Just curious.