Here's Bazza!

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Here's Bazza!

Post by Shane »

I was feeling a bit brave so I thought I might tackle one of the Star Fleet human characters in Poser. Hercules was always going to be the hardest model to try and recreate, what with the huge chin and afro. I've tried to retain his main atributes while also going for a more realistic appearance. He probably needs a tuck here and there, but check him out here:www.bigdaix.com/temp2.htmAnd let me know what you think.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bradster

Here's Bazza!

Post by Bradster »

Nice job! Maybe it's just the angle, but in the first picture on the left his jaw seems to flare out a bit too wide.And ####! He looks angry as ####! ;)
Shane

Here's Bazza!

Post by Shane »

Cheers Bradster.Yeah, the Jaw definitely needs to come in a bit, I'll give him a final tuck here and there.Heh, I think he's a bit angry because I've neglected to make his combat jumpsuit. Shane.
Shane

Here's Bazza!

Post by Shane »

Here's a little Barry Hercules update utilising a space helmet designed by a nice fella from the Renderocity community. For TROM I'm going to color coordinate each character's space suit so Shiro's will be red and Lee's will be blue. Incidently I had a go at modeling John Lee last night and it was a nightmare. None of my poser clothes will fit his bloated frame, so I may have to rethink John Lee's look for my particular project.Shane.
Shane

Here's Bazza!

Post by Shane »

And here's a further update:Shane.
Bradster

Here's Bazza!

Post by Bradster »

Ah! I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamed up seeing that Hercules model before -- the thread had simply disappeared from view over the months. Again, very nicely done!Funny about your problems with Lee. Somehow I'm not surprised. :biggrin:A minor question, though. How are you going to put Shiro in his space suit? Is he going to *gasp* take of his personal helmet to fit inside the suit's helmet? Or is he going to wear his blood-stained "SHIRO" helmet all of the time?(Edited by Bradster at 9:00 pm on Aug. 17, 2002)
AndyThomas

Here's Bazza!

Post by AndyThomas »

From the looks of the series, he does take off his own helmet when suited up...I don't think he'd fit the suit helmet on otherwise...!As always, great work Shane - it's looking very Dan Dare actually...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Here's Bazza!

Post by Shane »

I think Star Fleet purists might be coming round my house in October to give me a slap, as I'm going to be messing with the classic look of the show slightly with TROM. Shiro for instance will be minus his helmet and Lee will have a different look, as will the space suits which you can already see. But it's about the feel of the show at the end of the day which is one thing I will definitely be looking to recreate.I haven't mentioned it yet but TROM is going to be presented as a series of flash movies, so although I'm working in Poser I'm going to be trying to keep the frame rate really low, I'm talking movement only when it's really needed. The dialogue is going to be presented as subtitles and there will be an all new soundtrack which is going to be based on the existing score particularly Lamia's theme.So it's going to be characters generated in Poser and Ships grabbed and manipulated from the show in this sort of style:Shane.
AndyThomas

Here's Bazza!

Post by AndyThomas »

I wouldn't worry Shane - if Judge Dredd took off his helmet in the movie of the comic, I'm sure we'll forgive you de-helmeting Shiro! Sudden flashback - what you describe reminds me a great deal of how Amiga game intros used to work. The one for Thunderhawk, a helicopter flight sim, in particular. That was "cartoony" with subtitles and it worked very well... Any images anyone can help you with?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Here's Bazza!

Post by Shane »

<<I wouldn't worry Shane - if Judge Dredd took off his helmet in the movie of the comic, I'm sure we'll forgive you de-helmeting Shiro!>>Yeah but that movie really sucked didn't it? I don't think Shiro's helmet is as Iconic as Dredd's so no worries there.Your right though It's going to work very similar to a game intro from the early nineties but it should get the narrative across which is the most important thing. I could animate everything in Poser but it would take far to long for a one man band outfit like myself.As for screen grabs, ships and things I've pretty much got covered, but if anyone has any good images of Makara's Bridge and generally any good interior shots then they would be greatly recieved and credited of course.Shane.