Star Fleet Music (a la MIDI)

Chat about creative work on other sites
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

The mp3 / midi mix is very cleverly done and as you say the midi's spot on...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

I've started work on two of the battle themes. Her are previews for them. There are seven chords at the end of the second that are a real pain to figure out. I've got them close, but not quite there yet.Untitled Battle Theme 1Untitled Battle Theme 2Another minor problem I've encountered is that some of the music tracks on the show aren't the originals! Huh? Well, in trying to pin down the individual notes, I've found that in some segments (namely battle #2 above) the notes are between real notes. Everything is just slightly off key. The only thing I can guess to attribute this to is that the music had to be sped up or slowed down slightly to fit the alloted video. It's too bad there weren't soundtracks to shows like this on cassettes back in the 80s. I actually have MP3s of most of the French "Bomber-X" soundtrack. At least, that's what they appear to be. I don't know French; so, I can't translate. I downloaded them years ago (1999?) back on the original Napster. I'll try to find them and share them with you guys...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

There might well be some music oddities from the conversion to NTSC from PAL, if that's the way they did it, because of the different frame rates. For the show to last the same length of time something would have to give. Bear in mind the US shows, being slightly edited elsewhere besides just the beginnings and ends, may well skip entire chunks of sound as well.I was actually sent the Bomber X music on CD in Juy 1999 funnily enough, and of course it did get an official release because there's artwork for the French records...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator