Lamia artwork for the ~starfleetproject~ site

Chat about creative work on other sites
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Just going to put this in Other Creative Work so people can comment on it, and as it's not strictly a site update...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

It's very, very nicely done. You've got her pendant in, which is a nice attention to detail for those of us "in the know". It's also a far better version than the more simplistic version of Lamia that's in the French comic book. I'm not sure I agree with the comment someone's written about the background colour - I think it's good contrast, personally. I also like the way you've given her a slightly coy sort of look.You mention you've "inked" another one - presumably you're actually using some software to do your work? People might be interested to understand a little more about how you put something like this together.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Different and interesting - a rather more "manga"-fied version than we're used to...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I like it - Lamia was a total pansy in the show. Far more attitude with this one.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

That's an interesting way to do it - do you find it difficult to do freehand work with just a mouse?  I suppose those who can afford it would have some sort of lightpen/tablet combination, or otherwise just really good hand to eye coordination...  So do you reduce the image down to just black and white to make sure you have no greys, to make it easier to floodfill when you increase the palette?Oh, and you do realise you now have something very appropriate to use as an avatar image, right?!