Star Fleet Top Trumps game

Chat about creative work on other sites
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Wow, looking good - I particularly like the "Goddess" & "Alliance Fodder" tag...! One thing though, I always thought it was Captain Halley, not Hally - as in the comet?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

While I think of it - how about two Captain Carter cards - "Good" and "Evil"...?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I can't quite make out some of the text - might just be my monitor. Have a think about the spelling - e.g. "Opponent" instead of "Oponent". Also - do we really need to register with Yahoo Groups? I only managed to get out from Yahoo's clutches a while ago...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

No you don't have to regester with yahoo. It's only for a few days while I get the site updated, after that you'l be able to download them staight from the site.Yes there will be two carter cards. how and why you may ask will this be possible? beats me looks like I'll have to make a star fleet accadamy deck and an Alliance deck.As for the card text. well these arn't the final cards there just prototypes. I did these while I was at Uni yesterday. Someone asked me how to paly the game. Heres the basic rules in an egg shellThe game can be played by 2 players. Each player has a deck consisting of 40 cards. You can construct your deck how ever you like just make sure you have 40 cards and that they are of either the star fleet accadmy set or the alliance set. no mixing both sets together peeps.each player takes 4 cards plus a fith card which is kept on one side thoughout the match this is your wide card. (more on this later) say if you play and its your opponents go. when your next turn arrives take 1 card or more to make up a hand of 4 cardsThe basic idea of the game is you play 1 card at a time from your hand. destory your opponents card by attacking with special skills. once your opponent runs out of cards then you winCharacter cards have little notes at the bottem which tell you how to play that card. some require a dice to be rolled in order to play your next attack. Power Up cards add or subtract the power level from either your own cards or the other players cards. once a power level is depleated that card is destroyed and placed into the space graveyardMecha Cards are there to suply extra fire power. Dai-X for example could have an attack with unlimited potential. Although he could only attack other mecha cards his attacks can do some serious damage.you could roll a 1-2 and take that amount of life points away from any of your opponents mecha cards roll a 3-4 and you do more damage. roll a 5 and you destroy 1 card of your choice roll a six and you destroy any mecha cards in play. after the attack has been played the dai-x card is placed back in the deck and the deck is reshuffeled. Some mecha card can only do so much damage dependent on there attack power any mecha card witha power level over 5 can do half the amount of damage  more than a mecha card with a power level of 6-10. although you can bump up Mecha cards under 6-10 with a power booster card which adds 2 points to there attack power.Reshuffle cards. this card can come in handy if you have some serriously crap cards in your hand. you place what ever cards you want to discard into your deck and choose the same amount of cards to play your fresh hand.Merge cards. these are realy cool. say if you have all 3 dai-x fighter cards and you have a merger card you can call forth from your deck or grave yard Dai-X in robot mode. the same goes for alliance astro fighters have 3 or more and find a merger card and you can call forth the alliance battle ship.weapons cards. these can equip your character or mecha with some much needed fire power. just add 3 points to there attack when played (you can play this along side a card on the field or any card you will later play) destroy once used.Wild cards. if at anytime you dont have a reshuffle card in your hand play your wild card. you may find a realy powerful card to play. discard after play.Miracle card. either player can only have 1 of these in there deckif all is lost and you have this card in your hand you can destroy all of your oponents cards in play.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well the files on the Yahoo group aren't public as far as I can tell, so I'd have to join the group to get them, which would require Yahoo membership, unless I'm missing a trick. I'll wait for the final / open web site versions...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Just got an e-mail this morning from velnet saying my account just expired due to something with my Credit Card. So until I get this sorted the files won't be up on sfp yet.Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, looks like there maybe a stable following for this game
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

To get the file from the Yahoo group, Andy, yes you do have to sign up.Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it's an FLA file which means you need Macromedia Flash installed. Not the Flash player, the whole commercial Flash creation software package. I've got a CD with Flash MX somewhere around here... I'll install it and try to save these as actual image files for you guys.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Quote (Zordon @ 27 Nov. 2004,19:00)Yes there will be two carter cards. how and why you may ask will this be possible? beats me looks like I'll have to make a star fleet accadamy deck and an Alliance deck.Thanks for that...!
Mike in Hong Kong

Post by Mike in Hong Kong »

Greetings all. I'm in Hong Kong for the next few months so I won't be able to contribute that much for a while. But what can I say? Great work and the community is thriving.Just someone please help Dave out with the spelling. Apart from that this is really good stuff.Mike
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Hong Kong? need any bannana's too keep him in check? .... oh that's King KongCards are coming on nicely, charlies going to help with the spelling. been for a few interviews for painting and decorating jobs too no success. Got so many ideas churning in my head ready to be transfered to the star fleet fandom. gonna get the card game done first me thinks. That and gettting the site updated will take me up until the first few weeks in Jan 05.Other than that I'm enjoying pre-married life and would like to let the comunity know I've receintly got engaged to charlie.
Look an Alien cruiser!!