Crash Override's Game - Work in Progress

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Post by Shane »

Again I tip my hat to you Crash.That sounds like it ought to do the trick. I've just downloaded the latest version of the software too, so that might help. I'll probably have another go with it over Christmas inbetween the turkey and booze.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Mmm. Turkey, booze. "Can't talk now, boy, - eating".Makes me feel all festive inside already.Right, well about the game at my end: Having worked my ass off all term and the parent's conference having just passed, I have one exam to go and after that I vow not to touch any writing implement for the next 6 months, let alone do any work. So plenty of time for cool X-Bombery things.If Andy T's reading this I have yet another question for you I'm afraid, which is this:Those mines in episode 16 how do they work? Do they home in on X-B or do they fire lasers or... do they just sit there, oh and how much damage do they do?Sorry to keep hassling you on these minor matters but I never actually saw that much of the show and can remember even less.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I Know it was an Andy T. question but check out the minefield vid on my site for the actual clip. Here's the page:http://www.bigdaix.com/starfleetvidsnso ... mBasically they are static mines laid by the Imperial Alliance. They don't have any gun emplacments or anything, but as you can see from the clip, just stuck there stationary in space those pesky mines do some serious damage to the X Bomber. There's no reason why you don't create some mine variants, which move or have guns on though. That would be cool.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 7:33 pm on Nov. 8, 2002)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Wow. I answered that question without touching my keyboard. Nice ;) There's precedent for a big ol' powered mine that shoots of course - the "Death Planetoid" that Caliban sends after X-Bomber in the bionic assassin episode. As for other technical stuff, CO, stay tuned...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

I like your style, both of you guys - thanks for the heads-up! So Ive got the green ones except out of some very devilish cunning I've cooked up a way of having the mines lock onto and follow the ship. It's a bit too easy otherwise, and it is level 4 after all and it'll have to be quite a short-haul to the boss.So 3 variants:I had these already, honest:Green: adept at homing and quite narsty to get hit by.Brown: a low-end model, slow and fairly feeble. (No more punch than a small asteroid).Gold: intelligent homing capabilty, nippy and with a laser cannon. (I figure torpedoes are a wee bit too big for a platform like this).Thanks for the video I was dreading the 10MB download but it hoovered it up astonishingly fast. Poor old XB. It has a hard life doesn't it?What for a boss? Death Planetoid or a minelayer ship... Nah. both I think.
Crash

Post by Crash »

So, well absolutely nothing's been posted in this part of the forum for weeks, so...Just to annoy all my loyal doubters I'm not actually dead ... yet and the X-Bomber 2D shooter has not fallen through ... yet.I've been stacked hi with work, knocked flat by some Mancunian virus and generally shattered.So the old game has uh been a bit starved of attention for a few weeks until recently when I (finally) got a holiday. If progress continues like it has been over the last day or two then I oughtta be finished level 3 by the end of the week.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Keep it up Crash. I have faith in you.Shane.
Crash

Post by Crash »

A don't a worry.So yeah Ive started writing it in a different language cos Games Factory was getting to be a bit of a pain so I've loaded it up into something different but its a bit more tricky but its still comin' along. Level 3 is more or less done and looks great (really weird) so now I'm gonna make some nice big ships to blow up for level 4 now.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Okay so it's been like a month since anyone did anything in here, so says the forum anyway. And since no-one else is doing anything it's about time I told the world I'm making some effort however small.Level 1 DoneLevel 2 DoneLevel 3 Done (needs work on boss)Level 4 Done (needs polishing)Level 5 Needs a bossLevel 6 In progressLevel 7 -Level 8 -End Boss In progressIn addition all the options systems, menus and stuff all work, if not in an entirely aesthetic way.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Level 3 boss finally completed. Level 6 shall be completed before my trip to Vienna/Budapest. Will be moving on to level 7, and it's boss on my return.