Crash Override's Game - Work in Progress

Chat about creative work on other sites
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Crash, just having a look at your website and I notice there's a new and improved version of your game in progress. Do you want to update people?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Speaking of updates, I've just realised I'd never actually gotten round to putting a link to Crash's game site up. I can only apologise to Crash for this oversight on my part which I've now corrected.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well in actual fact I've been doing very little over the past few months. Unfortunately the A levels are defeating me. But I will resume work at Christmas (T-4 days) on the levels I'm writing for someone else - yes they are Star Fleet based. Two feature flying the Dai-X. OK and as Mr T says once I've finished that I'll redo XB1.1 (which has become strangely famous) and just make it twice as good.On the SFXB link it describes the vehicle library which I haven't transferred yet but will get onto eventually - sorry I keep changing addresses - I just hate adverts and keep getting messed about.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Wow that looks cool crash. what are you using to make that? what levels do you have planed? Can't wait to play it.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hi Zordon how goes it?  I'm using the new Multimedia Fusion 1.5. to write my bit of it and I think I'll be compiling the final, non-interpreted version with it as well.Here are my levels:>>>X-Bomber:Battle over MoonbaseAmbush in the Asteroid BeltJupiter Base attack (multi-direction scrolling)Escape from Sargaso>>>Dai-X:Jupiter Base ground attackGelma Battlecruiser Assault (side-view) Might be all be finished by the end of the holidays, might not - dunno really.  I''m no good with deadlines, especially not my own.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I wonder if someone can help me out: Does anyone have a sound effect recording of the X-Bomber's tail guns? ... I could really do with one in Wave format - Any takers?
Crash

Post by Crash »

May 14th? struthAlthough you might not have guessed I haven't been doing absolutely nothing. The new engine for X-Bomber 2 is like about 70% done - just need some levels to put on it after that.Anyway for those of you who aren't in the know (and shame on you by the way) the new version has more Dai-X in it than you know what to do with, so - as the game is top-down and Dai-X flies on its front; if anyone has a a clear, accurate photo or diagram or whatever of its back - (all of it) that I can work from I'd be most grateful, then I can finish the main sprite off.
Crash

Post by Crash »

It's been delayed like a Virgin train but I finally got Dai-X working...Screenshot
Crash

Post by Crash »

OK, I've finally got an alpha-test version of X-Bomber 2.0 ready. It's only got one level, and it's about 3.6MB. I'm sorry it's taken so long but I have done my best on it.if anyone's interested in taking a look at it, I'd love to hear any thoughts you have about it.the file is: http://www.xbomber.co.uk/files/X-Bomber2.exe and the website, as ever is : www.xbomber.co.uk
Crash

Post by Crash »

OK - It seems I'm not as clever as I thought. X-Bomber 2 Alpha hasn't got half the files it needs to look "right". It's not missing anything serious just a few images, fonts that sort of thing. It just means the moon's surface appears black instead of grey, some texts don't look like they should and the in-level volume controller doesn't fire-up when ordered. - Nothing that affects the core performance. The editor didn't copy them across from one point to another as I expected. I just realised it when I tried it out on a computer that isn't my dev machine which didn't have the files there already.I'm really sorry to mess you guys about - its just that my test machine was totally wrecked by my parents last week and I just managed to get it game-ready this morning.Anyhow - I've had another go and this revised package should present fewer childish errors.X-Bomber 2 Alpha (A)If you could just expunge the original files in the "Build X-Bomber" and "Program Files/X-Bomber" folders to make sure the two installs don't interfere with eachother. Sorry for the inconvenience.