Force One

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Shane

Force One

Post by Shane »

Here's an interesting little titbit. While I was looking through my French Bomber X comics I noticed that the F01 is actually refered to as the FORCE ONE. Now to me this is a far better description of the supreme being than the code name F01 which I always thought was a little odd. However Japan appeared to use the F01 as well, but the FORCE ONE makes perfect sense through translation, and is a good explaination of the code name.Shane. (Edited by Shane at 11:03 am on Dec. 15, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Force One

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, that's interesting; I imagine that in many ways the French translation will be very true to the Japanese original because they can't have had time (I would have thought) to modify it a great deal, simply because it came out so soon after the original X-Bomber release. Mind you, taking the "F" and making it "Force" seems more of an intuitive step - perhaps it just works better in French as "Force Un" as opposed to "Eef Zero Un" (literal pronunciation). Actually, that's a reason it might have happened - in order to say "the F-01" in French you'd have to run "le" into "eef" - it loses some of the impact. There's probably quite an interesting back story to the French release but the only French article of any length I know of actually "borrowed" material from my site and others, so...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Force One

Post by Shane »

It's is a logical term for the F01 though. The F01 obviously stood for something and The Force One is a very good description for what Lamia becomes. And of course it's another slight Star Wars connection.The comic literally translates the title into English so issue 4 is entitled: FORCE ONE.I like the name a lot.Shane.
Shane

Force One

Post by Shane »

The codename would seem to suggest that there could be more. F= Force 01= One of many. Or F01 could be classed as the ultimate power because of it's designation. It's one of those things that's just open ended really. I do like the mystery though, Theres got to be a fan fiction in there somewhere, but don't look at me for it. ;)Shane.(Edited by Shane at 4:01 pm on Dec. 15, 2002)
Chris Snape

Force One

Post by Chris Snape »

Just to throw my thoughts into this one but maybe "one" refers to the merger of two beings into one. The beings being, obviously, Lamia and Halley.Force literally meaning power. The power of one.
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Shane

Force One

Post by Shane »

I'd pretty much go along with that as well.Shane.