Dai-X Costume (in progress)

Chat about creative work on other sites
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

I've been busy over the last few months with the moving of houses and sorting out legal matters.Heres my latest project for the fandom. I'll be wearing this at amecom in leicester later this year.Andy, Piers and Shane feel free to use these pics for your site's my stuff is now your stuff since I closed down the site last year.Having made a few helmets this past month I thought i'd try having a pop at my childhood mecha Big Dai-XDai-X featured on a japanese puppet show Star Fleet. He was a transforming mecha made up of 3 ships.Inspired by CorazonAzul's Megazord costume here is a show picture and the helmet picturesCheers
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Not bad! I'll look forward to seeing a finished, painted version.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

I'll do some more on it tomorrow, and have the X fitted to the front. Also need to add the lower boxes to the sides of the helmet.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

I don't use this word often, but thats awesome! Now we just need to find you some model fighters to crush...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

heh heh. No more Arigato Mr Roboto.I've done some more to the helmet, i'll be spaying it at the weekend. the X will be velcroed to the head (I don't won't to be walking aroud a con with an X taped to my forhead lol)
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Cool! Pity I'm not going to Amecon this year (might go to the anime con in Northern Ireland...not decided yet). A Star Fleet cosplay group would be cool (given my long hair, I'd probably have to crossplay Lamia!) although none of the kids would know what it was from...[Happosai]
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Hello, i've been busy with my new house as well as building a shogun megazord from cardboard for my mate sam.the only real update on the helmet is that it's been painted. it's took a while to get back on track with it but i can get a full suit done in a week or so.look out for me at the Birminghan nec memmorabillia show, anime expo in london and the amecon convenvion in leicester dressed as the followingDai-X (leicester) fridayRoy Mustang (london) satBlue SPD power Ranger (NEC) sat suni'll post some pictures of my costume soon
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Well I never got around to finishing the costume do to the garage being flooded but i'm gonna have a bash at it and final compleate something.I think in all the years I've been a SF fan i don't think me and the old team ever finished anything lolOh well a new year and all
Look an Alien cruiser!!