Pluto Alpha Base: now in 3D!

Chat about creative work on other sites
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

The title says it all. It's still a work in progress, and I want to try making some "space rocks" to clutter around it and complete the "hangar" that's supposed to be off to the right, but the bulk of the model is done and ready to show off here.I used these reference screenshots from the first episode:To make this:(angled to match the first two screenshots above)When it's closer to being finished, I'll upload the model in various formats like I did with the Imperial Fighter, in case anyone else might want to play with them, etc.

Crash

Post by Crash »

Wow that is accurate!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Thanks! I've started expanding the complex and toying around with rocky materials for the surrounding terrain. Here's a sneak peek of the direction I'm taking it...
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

Amazing Brad!!! Your work always astonishes me.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

So, I never took time to put the finishing touches on this model, but at the very least I can keep my word about sharing the source files with our little community!Here it is in the same bunch of formats as the Imperial Fighter and Mars Astrofigher. Like those, I'm releasing this model under a Creative Commons "By-NC-SA" 3.0 License. Basically, you're free to use them however you like as long as you don't charge money for it and you give credit to me as the creator.Pluto_Alpha_Base.zipCheers!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Awesome going Brad!Sorry for the late post. X-Bomber back on the rails. v0.76 arriving soon.I added your most recent render to the gallery plus the screengrabs.Finally have the new 1.5.6 Coppermine - will install tomorrow if I have time.
Dream big and bold and daring.