X-Bomber Re-dub?

Chat about creative work on other sites
Vanessa

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Vanessa »

Hey Shane, glad you can do the Termoids voices Interestingly, hearing the actual Japanese version for the first time, thanks to your clips, I can't help but notice that the Termoids don't really have any sound effects added to their (Japanese) voices. So I guess you have a choice whether to add them or not. But I reckon for the UK version, a "UK Termoid" voice would be best A friend reckons I won't have a chance to do a half-decent Lamia voice. So as she says only a few new words, it may be possible to find these elsewhere on the original UK dialogue soundtrack. It all depends on what the Translator comes up with...Hey Crash, I wasn't trying to be nasty or anything. OK so some of the mystery may have been lost, but the reality is fine tho... Things may be a little quiet on this thread, but stuff is going on the in background...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Mach1na

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Mach1na »

Hmm are you sure this "friend" knows what they are talking about when it comes to you voicing Lamia?  

Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Crash »

@Vanessa's friend - pfft, whatever.@Vanessa - I think the UK adjusted termoid voice was better.What were the termoids anyway? Does anyone actually know?I mean were they like a race of little footsoldier things or were they robots?

Dream big and bold and daring.
Mach1na

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Mach1na »

(Crash Override @ Apr. 24 2011,19:01)QUOTE@Vanessa's friend - pfft, whatever.@Vanessa - I think the UK adjusted termoid voice was better.What were the termoids anyway? Does anyone actually know?I mean were they like a race of little footsoldier things or were they robots?I thought the Termoids were robotic foot soldiers Crash? I envisaged them to be like the Borg, a biological core heavily augmented with robotic technology.TBH I guess going by their outward appearance I wouldn't expect there to be much biological material in there except for a neural system much like the Cybermen created by Cybus Industries in the new Doctor Who.

Even in Death, I still Serve
Bladez636

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Bladez636 »

This may be (and by may I mean is) a little off topic....All this talk about redubs reminded me of a project I wanted to do....A Supermarionation production that really does need an English dub....Which I of course refer to Interster: http://www.livevideo.com/video....et.as ... ...a-clash

Crash

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Crash »

Right, now. Where do I get a torrent of that?It looks better than Terrahawks and infact it reminds of Reboot for some reason.Your friend Mike Cane needs to get his backside into gear.
Shane

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Shane »

(Mach1na @ Apr. 24 2011,21:03)QUOTE
(Crash Override @ Apr. 24 2011,19:01)QUOTE@Vanessa's friend - pfft, whatever.@Vanessa - I think the UK adjusted termoid voice was better.What were the termoids anyway? Does anyone actually know?I mean were they like a race of little footsoldier things or were they robots?I thought the Termoids were robotic foot soldiers Crash? I envisaged them to be like the Borg, a biological core heavily augmented with robotic technology.TBH I guess going by their outward appearance I wouldn't expect there to be much biological material in there except for a neural system much like the Cybermen created by Cybus Industries in the new Doctor Who.A bit of a coincidence this, but I'm featuring the precursor to the Termoids in TROM in a few chapters time. I have the original humanoid-looking termite creatures hanging out on Gelma 2. These are completely organic and of the same species that were found on Gelma in ancient times and used as the basis for a cyborg footsoldier by the Imperial Master. I guess over the years the Imperial Master perfected a design that was more machine than termite, which is the version you see in the show.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Crash »

Yes, they call the assassin creature a cyborg.The termoids are probably at least semi-mechanical too. They did implant a bomb inside one after all.Although they made up for it by giving him a cool, different astrofighter.
Bladez636

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Apr. 25 2011,15:30)QUOTERight, now. Where do I get a torrent of that?It looks better than Terrahawks and infact it reminds of Reboot for some reason.Your friend Mike Cane needs to get his backside into gear.I have no idea unfortunately.... The Volume 1and 2 DVD isn't sold anywhere outside of South Africa naturally.... To add to that, the first two volumes only cover 13 episodes of the series. Doubtlessly over time someone will put them out over the web. But for now there's nothing except the two subtitled episodes that would require exesive cropping.mikecane just reviewed the episodes, provided screencaps and made an effort to find out about the series. He was given the two episodes offered on there by someone else, who's too busy to put anything else up.Thanks to the culture block imposed on South Africa from the 60's to the early 90's, Interster never saw the light of day in other countries.It reminds me of "Terrahawks" too.... Obviously looks better than it. The main character Buks de la Ray looks like Dr. Ninestein along with Lida looking like Captain Falconer
Crash

X-Bomber Re-dub?

Post by Crash »

It's interesting, going from the title screens screenshots, how similar some Afrikaans vocab appears to be to German/Dutch's. Once a linguist here - fat lot of good it did me.I saw some of it on Youtube and the ships and vehicles etc were really good if a little uninspired.Really well executed with *some* great ideas like the deployment of the missile launchers on their main ship.The dialogue looked pretty good going from the subtitles.