New Fanfic story

Chat about creative work on other sites
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Dear Forum members,I have written a prequel to Star Fleet. It is called "The Rise of the Alliance". I was inspired by other works from SF fans, namely; Genesis, Project Omega, and TROM.I've not done this sort of thing before, so it may be a load of rubbish...?I have written it with an eye to being televised (I wish!), so it is divided up into episodes and scenes. It is quite long though, there are 19 episodes and about 38,000 words, so too long to put on the forum.I'm not the most tech-savvy person when it comes to websites, so I would really be grateful if someone was able/willing to host the story on the internet?If they liked it, that is...Maybe release one episode a week or something, to keep the interest up? (although I have no idea how much work that would involve, so forgive my naivety)If people liked it, I could write some more as a follow-on around the main show.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

Doesn't look like you can upload an attachment to the forum.Fire it to me as an attachment xgp @ btinternet.com and I'll put it on xbomber.co.uk somewhere.You could always upload it here instead (you have to register to keep the retards out):http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchive/
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

I can't edit my above topic, so I'd just like to say congratulations on your efforts, I look forward to seeing the finished material.I'd very much like to see a serialised version. I apologise for the brevity of my post before, but it had been quite a long day and someone basically accused me of being some kind of fascist for discussing politics with another user during thanksgiving (???) over on the PlanetDescent.net forums so I wasn't in the best mood.I once started writing a fan continuation of Gundam SEED Destiny. It was turning out pretty good and I thought it focused on the good parts of the series. As Gundam SEED, Destiny and 00 were based on previous Gundam series, mine was based loosely on Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. Anyway, I'm not very confident at writing so it might never see the light of day even if finished.
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Thank you for your kind words and offer :-)Although you haven't read it yet.I'll send it to you by e-mail then. What format do you need? I was thinking of .pdf format?Don't worry about the brevity of your reply, we all have days like that.I have no idea what Gundam is, but I have no confidence about my writing either, yet here I am on this forum. So all I can say is you should carry on with your Gundam story, I bet there are folks out there who would like to read it.I've passed my story around to some people at work and they seemed to like it. However, as it's a prequel, there's no Dai X, or x-bomber, or it's crew, etc...There is lots of Imperial Alliance action though, lots about Planet Esper, the origins of the Thalians, plenty about Professor hagen, and lots of space battles.As long as you can get through episode 1, which appears to have nothing to do with Star Fleet at all, as it is bascially a scene setter (I re-wrote that ep about 4 times before I was happy), you will reach some tasty alliance action.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

... Never heard of Gundam? I think you might like it. It's not too different to Star Fleet.It sounds great. Any format is fine to me!
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

OK, I've sent it over to you.I'd be grateful if you'd let me know what you think, good or bad.I'll check out Gundam.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

Well I thought it was very good but I'm no critic. You've done a lot a with what Star Fleet gave you to go on.I really enjoyed it, especially once it got going.Anyway here it is:http://xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaI'm not terribly overjoyed with the way the X-Archive has its files sorted into categories but there are so few videos and fanfics, it seems silly to give each its own category.Like I say, once I get my game finished - I plan on a new, single Star Fleet site.
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Hey, you read fast! (or maybe it's me that reads slow).Seriously, thank you for the very kind comments, and you have put the story on the interent, and provided a link from this forum as well.I'm very pleased, and am now definitely spurred into writing some more. It's difficult though, as I don't want to tread on the toes of other existing SF fanfics. I'll see what comes to mind...watch this space.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

Everyone on this forum has a fanfic of their own almost.Andy wrote one, Shane and Dave have them as well. Me and Brad have our own ideas about expanding Star Fleet with new ships and what not.It's clearly your entitlement. I enjoyed reading it - it's one of the most interesting things I've read in a long time.
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

You are most kind with your compliments!After rediscovering Star Fleet again after all these years through the recent DVD, when I'd watched the last episode I kind-of wanted it to carry on. More Star fleet please!A work colleague recommended the excellent SFXB website and I so spent many a happy hour reading every last bit of it, and that took me onto the other SF websites around the 'net, which I devoured in turn.But I still craved more SF action. After reading and thoroughly enjoying the SF Genesis, Project Omega and TROM fanfic sequels I was inspired to write something myself. It's really down to all you SF fans that I felt moved to join in.I would still like to read more Fanfics by others about Star Fleet. I'm wondering what happens next in the Omega and TROM stories. And I also marvel at the computer generated ships and graphics and models and stuff that folk have created, that's all way beyond me, but it shows that Star fleet is still alive, and that's the best bit. I look forward to the next piece of fan art to appear, or website, or story, or game.I might make me a subtle car sticker, and maybe get a couple of embroidered patches made next, have to see what the costs will be.
Evasive Manoeuvres!