Star Fleet: TROM Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Post by Shane »

It's been a long time coming but here's a proper look at the Dai-Z:http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaHe won't be getting into any serious action until the sequel, but he's the basis for the Delta-Z so I thought it was the right time to get a detailed image of him out there.He packs an advanced laser canon within his head module (A Delta Laser was used for the prototype).The rocket and gun pods on each arm are attachments. These can be beamed onto his arms when needed and are stored in the Z-Cruiser. The process of machine teleportation is an advancement on how the X-Sabre operates. There will be many weapon options available such as various canons etc. This gives the Dai-Z an incredible amount of disposable weaponry that doesn't rely on his internal power plant.The only drawback is that the Dai-Z must be in a certain range of the Z-Cruiser for successful weapon teleportation to take place.His chest compartments open like the Dai X's and can be fitted with a multiple rocket launcher system or various weapon pods powered by its core. Due to the limitations of teleportation only his arm units at present are able to employ these weapon systems.He is also able to create a force wall like the Dai-XThe Dai-Z is the tactical counterpart of the Dai-X. It has its disadvantages, but if its packed with the right weapons for a particular mission it's unstoppable.The Dai-Z also transforms into a space vehicle and is stored in the hanger bay of the Z-Cruiser. The Z-Cruiser can transform into a suit of robotic armour that the Dai-Z can merge with - Russian Doll style. Dai-Z is then powered by the Z-Cruiser's power-plant. This combination is very power-consuming so great care must be taken not to expend too much energy. If this occurs the Dai-Z is jettisoned and the Z-Cruiser transforms back to ship mode and is powerless until it recharges.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

I would love to write a shooter based on that hardware, if I ever get the time!!!I think, given that I got the Dai-X Junction working, I imagine this would almost be easy!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I was thinking that this would make a pretty nifty video game when I was writing the specs up this evening.The player could make lots of tactical weapon decisions based on missions. Plus the 2 different modes of the Dai-Z would be cool (and like you say, dead easy for you now). And there's the Z-Cruiser available for covering fire and the combination mode - God Dai-ZYeah, if you ever have the time or inclination, it would be an honour for the Dai-Z to appear in a game, even if it was a short expansion pack.I guess we need to take care of business with our own projects first, though.
Crash

Post by Crash »

My GDL is killing me at the moment but over the summer I think I can finally finish this project.I suppose, really I could add to the engine and include the Dai-Z ship in its entirety as a player option in the original game as well.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I here ya. I seem to have a bit of time on my hands at the moment, but I'm sure other commitments will take centre stage as time goes on.The Star Fleet video game has been an incredible project which you have relentlessly continued even when it has gone dead on here for months. A real inspiration!I'll be incorporating your Wing Blade in the sequel to TROM so that will be a nice little crossover of the two projects.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I do hope we all ride the creative wave, it helps enormously when you know there's others out there who share your visions Your Dai-Z is really incredible Shane. I just LOVE the illustration too. Wish I could do that...Now I can see how Makara can beat Dai-X if she can control the Dai-Z. I like it how you've weaved some weaknesses into the Dai-Z as well as strengths. It makes the mecha all the more believeable.He's just screaming out to star in a computer game! And also have his own action figure.By the way, what's GDL, Crash? You write that it's killing you.I'm hopeless at computer games (Tetris is my limit), but your enthusiasm and drive for your goal is an inspiration It keeps SF alive and evolving as well.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Graduate Diploma in Law. It's a year's course that converts your waste-of-time St-Andrews languages degree into Law Degree so you can either take the Bar course or the LPC to train as a solicitor. Such is the general idea anyway.I just finished my Public Law essay anyway. - Another Crash Override 1-day-special.Goodbye Word 2010, Hello again MMF2.Word threw up the oddest dialog box saying "here's some things you wrote - we want to send them to Microsoft to improve the grammar checker". Seeing that I haven't paid for Office since God knows when, I felt morally obliged to send them some of my sentences.Some of it was about the lawsuit I'm hitting the turnips at Fife Council with at the moment, lulz.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Presenting The Great Skull:http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaAn Inter-dimensional traveller from a steam-punk world, The Great Skull arrives in a young Star Fleet universe and is sought out and possessed by 7 pure energy life forms. The 2 strongest possess the captain's skull eye patch and skull sword. The others possess each of his 5 skull rings on his right hand gauntlet. The pure beings manipulate the molecular structure of the material allowing the skulls to become animated and appear to speak. They also offer insight to the captain and learn from his memories.The beings were initially attracted to the Captain because he is pure of heart and an anomaly in this universe as he comes from another dimension. They needed a vessel who could stand the trauma of co-existing with multiple personalities. The Captain is only able to maintain consciousness for short periods as the multiple personalities drive him to madness. He is therefore awoken only when the pure energy beings deem it necessary.The pure beings knew that some of their kind had been drawn to the dark world of Gelmar and that they would eventually be used by The Imperial Master to gain control of the universe, plunging it into darkness forever. The Imperial Master would become invincible by the time of the 30th century of a race that would become known as human.All was not lost though, as where there is evil, there is always good and the pure energy life forms became aware that there would be a being known in the language of the humans as the F01 who could stop this threat.The Great Skull is used to set a chain of events in motion through brief appearances over a countless number of years.The F01 saved the universe at the cosmic alignment, but a new threat looms which threatens the very existence of the universe. And so... The Great Skull is awoken once more...

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Awesome!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

QUOTEGraduate Diploma in Law. It's a year's course that converts your waste-of-time St-Andrews languages degree into Law Degree so you can either take the Bar course or the LPC to train as a solicitor. Such is the general idea anyway.I just finished my Public Law essay anyway. - Another Crash Override 1-day-special.Goodbye Word 2010, Hello again MMF2.Word threw up the oddest dialog box saying "here's some things you wrote - we want to send them to Microsoft to improve the grammar checker". Seeing that I haven't paid for Office since God knows when, I felt morally obliged to send them some of my sentences.Some of it was about the lawsuit I'm hitting the turnips at Fife Council with at the moment, lulz.Well, good luck with your Degree.That's quite an accolade, MS word asking you if it can use your own grammar construction! Well done there And I hope you trounce Fife Council. I've had a run in, in the past, with my local council, and managed to bat them away with a well worded letter!Go for it!
Evasive Manoeuvres!