Star Fleet: The Revenge of Makara

Chat about creative work on other sites
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Another cracking read! Hats off to you Shane.The ID1 and it's mission on the Kathaar Cruiser reminds me a little of R2D2 in Star Wars. Although with none of the irritational aspects!It also seems to me to have a bit in common with a Golden Snitch Ball from a Potteresque game of Quidditch.I like the hint about the organic origins of the Kathaar Cruiser.The re-vamped Delta Laser is just awesome, the way it dispatched almost all of the X-fighter group was devastating Arkama seems quite afraid of the mere sight of the X-Bomber!Shane wrote: QUOTECheers Vanessa, yeah that's the main idea behind the ease of their capture plus the many custom traps and defenses that Arkama had installed. However, I might extend Shiro and Emma's rampage on the ship when I come to collect all of the chapters into one coheseive tale, as reading it again, their raid does end a little bit prematurely, maybe. Ditto, with the termoid battle in chapter 19. I've already thought of a few extra scenes and ways to flesh out some of the existing sequences  a bit more.I think it would be a really good idea to have Emma Steele and Shiro explore the Kathaar Cruiser a bit more, and cause a bit more damage but maybe get slowly more confused by the changed layout, until eventually...capture!Also a bit more length and peril to the Termoid battle would only add to the already excellent story.Crash wrote: QUOTEOne idea that occurred to me in thinking about the game was how insufferable PPA would be if he had his own platoon for robot subordinates onboard the ship.The examples I came up with were red, internal security robots, green surgical ones and blue repair models.Yes, PPA can be almost too much in large doses!I remember the different coloured droids from Ulysses 31 that had different duties assigned to them, although none had irritating characters though.Shane wrote: QUOTEI also like your idea for all the different drones on board X-Bomber. That would really work in the context of a video game. I'm kind of glad that I've killed the drones off in my story for the time being though. PPA has always been the kind of 7-Zark-Z of Star Fleet, so having a dozen of them on a ship would do anyone's head in!Going to stick with a computer-based PPA for the remainder of this tale, but all bets are off for the next one. Who knows, there may even be a steam version of PPA in the works (Perfectly Percolated Android).  Too many PPA drones would definitely become irritation overload! I'm glad they've gone for now...Those really annoying characters from shows can kinda do your head in. 7-Zark-7, Nono (from Ulysses 31), Orko, Scrappy Do, T-Bob, all spring to mind.It'd be cool if PPA returned to the flesh (well, metal) in steampunk mode   I'd like to see a drawing of that as well...?Shane wrote: QUOTEThanks a lot Joe that's really kind of you.I think you should definitely go ahead with your own continuation of the show. So far all of the fan fiction miraculously link together, but there's no reason why someone shouldn't have a crack at their own vision of what happens after the series ended.Vanessa's fantastic story, Rise of the Alliance delves into multiple dimensions, so there would still always be the chance of a continuity between all of the stories even if someone wanted to do their own thing.I think it's really great that you're transcribing the series. Vanessa and I have been thinking of compiling a Star Fleet omnibus with all of the fan fiction, the short stories from the 1984 annual, the text parts of the Look-In strip and a transcription of the show in chronological order. So a series script would be a god send, as I don't have the time or patience to do it myself.I agree with Shane about other fanfics, Joe. You could use one of the other "7 dimensions" and create a whole new SF continuation story. Makara could feature as well as she passed through to the "final dimension" to face her judgement.Also, if you transcribed the original series, that'd bring the "Star Fleet Omnibus" one huge step closer to being a reality Anyway, I can't wait to see what awaits Arkama and the X-Bomber crew on Gelmar 2...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Thanking you kindly. QUOTEArkama seems quite afraid of the mere sight of the X-Bomber!I have it that Arkama was stationed in a safe zone during the F01 campaign, but after the fall of the Alliance, he spent many a long hour going through the Alliance archive to see how the alliance fell. So he has a certain knowledge and respect for X-Bomber's firepower, especially as his ship is almost a right-off now and he's desperate to find his objective. QUOTEI think it would be a really good idea to have Emma Steele and Shiro explore the Kathaar cruiser a bit more, and cause a bit more damage but maybe get slowly more confused by the changed layout, until eventually...capture!Also a bit more length and peril to the Termoid battle would only add to the already excellent story.Yes I totally agree with you. That's why it's handy presenting the first draft of this tale a chapter at a time. When first writing the chapter I was only interested in a way to get the two captured on board the ship, but after reading it through again a few times, I think I'm missing an opportunity for a more detailed description of the interior of the Battle Cruiser, and how Arkama customized the design to make it more M.C. Esher-like.I'd also like to make the termoid battle a bit more emotionally charged with a bit more detail in PPA's drones sacrifice.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Chapter 23: The Satellite CityIn the now chaotic ethereal realm, the F01 gazed into a river of energy which divided two diametrically opposed areas of this plane. Lamia's side still looked the picture of ethereal beauty, but on closer inspection, small blood red cracks were starting to appear in the swirling multicoloured cloudscapes. The other side of the energy river was now the realm of the Imperial Master and bore aesthetic similarities with Gelma 2 in its hellishness and inhospitality.The Imperial Master currently had the upper hand in their battle of wills and he cut an imposing figure as he stood on his side of the divide watching her gaze at her friends in X-Bomber pursuing Captain Arkama’s damaged vessel, in the blue tinted glow of the energy river as if it were a view-screen.She could hear the Professor’s words echoing throughout the realm, ‘The Temple of the Ancients was more than just a temple, it was a prison!’ The Professor had inspected the Alliance logs that ID1 had stolen and was horrified to find that the Temple in question was of a design he had encountered before on his travels. He had met an inter-dimensional traveller, briefly, long ago who commanded a huge prison vessel. In his hold were 6 of these ‘temples’ which were in fact prisons holding universe-threatening anti-matter beasts. He had jumped into this dimension in search of the seventh temple/prison, but his jump engines were acting erratically in this dimension and so he sent out a distress signal which found Professor Hagen. The Professor battled to fix the ancient traveller’s jump engines, but the technology was too far advanced, even for him, and so the Professor had to make a swift exit from the prison ship as it jumped out of this dimension.Why he hadn’t put two and two together before now was beyond him, it was almost like...‘...Someone had been clouding his mind!’ finished The Imperial Master. ‘The Professor is strong willed, unlike his pitiful apprentice. I will see to it that he is converted when I return to the corporeal plane. He will be a great prize for The Imperial Alliance’‘I will make sure that never happens!’ said The F01‘It is inevitable!’ said The Imperial Master, ‘Here, let me show you something.’With a wave of the Master’s hand, the image changed within the energy river as the stream's colour took on a reddish tint.‘While you have been preoccupied with your human friend’s trials and tribulations, my emissary has been busy!’ said the Imperial Master, ‘Gaze into the abyss Lamia, gaze into your doom!’Lamia looked into the energy stream and watched as the story played out...The Zeta system. A mineral rich area of the galaxy which was one of the reasons the Imperial Alliance had made it a priority to colonise and rule this system. The largest and richest of these planets was Zayin; used by The Alliance as an Industrial centre, complete with a large orbiting space dock. This was in the glory days of the alliance, before the fall.Zayin today was quiet and desolate, but the orbiting station had emerged from the downfall of the alliance into a prospering satellite city called Gladius.From above, the floating city was a similar shape to the Imperial Alliance emblem with star ships from every part of the galaxy docked into ports on the side arms of the station. One such vessel was an Octakaar class Imperial battle cruiser; its biomechanical tentacles were unmistakably the handiwork of the master of Gelma.Races from throughout the galaxy would visit Gladius to trade, gamble and enjoy all the entertainment the station had to offer. The main draw, though, was the arena!Warriors of all kinds, be they alien, cyborg or mechanoid, would enter the arena in battles to the death for fame and fortune.The rogue Imperial Commander Delardu had been responsible for the transformation of this Imperial space station into a decadent pleasure hub. Free from the Imperial Master’s control, he now looked after his own affairs and was the supreme controller of Gladius.Delardu sat in his booth above the gladiator arena flanked by several termoid body guards. He watched as his 8 foot mechanoid champion rained down blow after blow on his cyborg opponent. The challenger was a young warrior from the Diakon System who wore ancient decorative body armour; his arms and legs were metallic as was half of his head, and he wielded two energy-enhanced swords.Delardu’s champion had been built by his newly acquired chief scientist and engineer and was based on the termoid design, but far more ferocious looking than the rank and file alliance trooper. It had four arms; two of which had scythes where hands would normally be, while the remaining two wielded large swords enclosed in force fields.The Diakonian fought bravely, but it was a swift match. The Termech, as it was known, cut the young warrior’s legs off with his scythes before delivering a finishing blow to the fallen gladiator with his swords. The arena erupted and the mass ranks pledged their cries to their champion and his master.Delardu stood up to receive the applause. He, himself was dressed in the attire of a warrior with elaborate Gelma markings on his armour. He had a red visor where once there were eyes. And his forehead stopped midway to be replaced with ancient alien circuits and wires. A large spike protruded from either side of his neck to complete his formidable look.At that moment Delardu’s chief engineer and scientist walked into the booth from the shadows to be greeted by his master.‘You have done well Caliban!’ said Delardu, ‘Your warrior is unbeaten in 30 matches!’The silver skinned cyborg stood next to his master. He had escaped the destruction of Makara’s battle cruiser and had made his way to Gladius to claim sanctuary.‘No one can defeat my Termech!’ said Caliban.Around the arena, alien races from a thousand systems waited impatiently for the next match. Order was maintained by a large contingent of termoid troopers patrolling the stadium as well as all the other areas of the city. There was an army at Delardu’s disposal, but he had no interest in conquest other than in the arena. He was proud of the unlikely utopian city he had built.A hush fell over the arena as the robot master of ceremonies announced the arrival of a new challenger.A robed and hooded figure walked into the combat area, stopped and then remained as still as a statue.‘And now fine patrons we have a new challenger.’ said the robot announcer, ‘From the Helgox system: The Angel of Death!’Delardu turned to Calliban.‘Send out the Termech!’ said Delardu, ’But tell him to put on a bit of a show this time before he kills her. We must keep the patrons happy. Happy patrons mean more credits!’The Termech was informed and walked into the arena to a wall of applause. It turned to the crowd and bowed. Caliban had programmed a little showmanship into the mechanoid’s computer brain. It was now down to Delardu to start the fight.‘For those who are about to die, or have their warranty expire, we salute you!’ said Delardu as he pulled out his broadsword and raised it above his head to start the battle.The hooded figure remained motionless as the Termech ran towards its opponent, all arms flailing. When the two were about to meet the robed figure swiftly side-stepped the incoming mechanoid and pulled her blade, swinging it in a crescent arc. The mechanoid continued its run a little further and then stopped. Something was wrong! Sparks and electricity appeared from the Termech’s waist as his torso fell off of his hip chassis onto the ground. The robed figure had cut the mechanoid in half with one stroke.The crowd was shocked into silence. Their champion was defeated. Delardu was not a happy cyborg.
‘I don’t believe it!’ said Delardu, ‘Who is this mysterious robed figure. I wonder if we can get her on the payroll? If not, you’ll just have to build something better to kill her with, Caliban!’Caliban was speechless as he watched his master stand to greet the newest champion of Gladius.‘Your skills are most impressive, robed one!’ said Delardu, ‘But who, pray tell, lurks behind that hood?’The robed figure remained motionless for a few more seconds and then threw off her cloak to reveal her true identity.‘You!’ said Delardu.‘Oh know!’ said Caliban who swiftly made an exit from the main booth back into the shadows.Commander Makara stood proudly in the centre of the arena. She had been sent here by the Imperial Master to clean up the mess that Delardu had made.‘Commander Delardu!’ said Makara, ‘You have made a mockery of the Imperial Alliance with this den of iniquity. I am here to re-establish order. You will surrender this station to me and submit to memory dissimulation!’‘Never!’ said Delardu, ‘Termoids, execute her!’The termoids around the arena were confused and unable to act upon Delardu‘s order. They served the highest ranking Imperial officer, but Makara was a Commander too, so they were both equals.‘There is only one way to settle this.’ said Makara, ‘I invoke the thalian rite of Gelthaar: trial by combat!’‘I accept!’ said an angered Delardu who jumped from his box onto the stage of battle; his hydraulic legs cushioning the impact of the long drop.The two warriors faced off with sword in hand. Each had a lot at stake. For Delardu it was his self made city; built out of the ashes of the Alliance flame. For Makara it was something far more valuable, revenge!There was no subtlety this time from Makara as she followed Delardu’s lead and charged at him. Their swords clashed producing a ripple of energy that ran up and down their blades. each warrior blocked and parried the other’s attacks trying to find a way through their defences. Delardu swung his sword at Makara’s head, but she easily ducked his attack and foot swept him to the ground.‘You are nothing!’ said Makara, ‘I have battled the very ancients themselves! And won!’‘You will not destroy my dream!’ snarled Delardu.They continued to fight, but Makara looked quite comfortable, as comfortable as anyone would, who had beaten The Great Skull in combat.Delardu was strong, but Makara was ultimately more agile with seemingly boundless energy.She somersaulted over Delardu and upon landing drove her sword into Delardu’s back. Delardu cried out in pain and fell to the floor. Makara stood over him.‘I have merely incapacitated you!’ said Makara, ‘If I wanted you dead, you would indeed be dead by now. Think yourself lucky that the Imperial Master want’s you alive.’Delardu heard Makara’s words, but was unable to respond; her blow had temporarily paralysed him.‘Termoids!’ said Commander Makara, ‘by Thalian law I am now the superior officer on this station. Round up all of the patrons and place them in holding cells. They are to be slaves of the Imperial Alliance!’‘All hail Makara!’ was the termoids demented cry as they herded up all of the screaming patrons.‘Take Delardu to the memory dissimilation centre onboard his ship; I will be there shortly!' said Makara, ‘Oh and bring that snivelling dox-toad, Caliban too!’A short time later aboard Delardu’s Octakaar battle cruiser, Makara stood beside Delardu who was strapped onto a table with a memory dissimulator hovering above him.A door opened revealing Caliban flanked by two termoid troopers.‘Commander Makara, this is such an amazing surprise.’ said Caliban, ‘I’m so glad to see you alive!’‘No thanks to you, you coward!’ said Makara, ‘Orion wasn’t much, but he was worth ten of you. He certainly wouldn’t have left me for dead on that tomb.’‘But Comman...’ started Caliban, but he was interrupted by an angry Makara.‘But nothing!’ said Makara, ‘You would be meeting a slow and painful death right now, if I had anything to say about it, but you are still valuable to the Imperial Master. You are to remain here and help Commander Delardu rebuild our fleet.’‘Thank you Commander, I won’t let you down!’ said a relieved Caliban.’‘Don’t thank me yet.’ said Makara ‘The life that you knew is over. Once I’m through with Delardu it will be your turn on the table. I will re-sculpt your memories in the most painful manner imaginable, only the useful scientific area’s will remain. And whenever you hear the name Makara uttered in future, you will feel excruciating pain and complete and utter fear! Guards take him away!’And so Makara carried out her threat and reprogrammed Delardu to be the Commander he was before. Together with his brilliant but lobotomized scientist, Caliban they embarked on their mission to rebuild the Imperial Alliance fleet.Makara left The Bloody Mary docked at the station and flew off in the Delta-Z’s fighter mode to claim her final revenge. She laughed out loud at her final action on the space station. She had programmed The Bloody Mary to send out a radio signal directly to Caliban’s brain everyday for 3 hours. The signal was an encoded message. It was Makara's voice repeating her name over and over again. The image of Makara laughing maniacally ended the tale that was projected in the river of energy in the ethereal realm. The F01’s response to what she had seen was utter horror.‘Makara!? The Alliance!?’ said Lamia.‘Yes it has already begun! said The Imperial Master as the energy river turned black, ‘Soon you will have to make a choice. Will you sacrifice the universe to stop me ruling it?Lamia was silent. The Imperial master had fooled them all and proved without a shadow of a doubt what a master strategist he was.‘Beware Lamia!’ said the Imperial Master, ‘Beware the Omni-Beast!’

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Goodness Shane! You are indeed a master storyteller I'm not sure I can write with such aplomb when it comes to me writing my parts of ROTDW...I like your description of the ethereal plane, and the reference to the 7 dimensions   I wonder if it was The Great Skull that Professor Hagen had encountered earlier, who had been in charge of the prison ship?If so, does this mean that The Great Skull's ship is a prison ship?This would be something I'd like to write about in my TEC story. Subaro Hagen could have come across The Great Skull while flying his special spacecraft he built to search for Lamia's origins?Your Zeta System and it's pleasuredrome planet run by Delardu reminds me a little of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, crossed with The Chronicles of Riddick maybe...?Anyway, its pretty awesome nevertheless.I wonder how Caliban has escaped the destruction of Makara's Kathaar Cruiser? In TOAS he seemed to get bashed by Dai-X's fists...But he's a wily fox, and I'm glad he got a mention in TROM, as I did enjoy writing about him in TRA.Maybe he will appear again in the future?I ponder on the significance of the "Helgox" moniker?I loved it when Caliban tried to leggit when he saw Makara It's interesting to read about ancient Thalian Laws, viz a viz: Gelthaar.The Thalian society is such a rich vein to mine for fiction.Very clever, turning: "For what we are about to receive..." into: "For those who are about to die..." at the beginning of the "feast" It's clear the Imperial Master is on the side of Makara, as she seems unbeatable!You weave an epic tale indeed!

Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Post by Shane »

QUOTEGoodness Shane! You are indeed a master storytellerCheers dude!   You're far, far too kind! I'm enjoying writing it, so at least I hope that's coming through. QUOTEI'm not sure I can write with such aplomb when it comes to me writing my parts of ROTDW...Naw, your Story was fantastic and a real inspiration to me. There's no way I would be able to write about The Great Skull's world to the same degree as you can. Ditto with your Ideas about The Great Skull Fleet. I think it will be a perfectly balanced playing field. And plus, you're contracted to do it now, so tough!   QUOTEI wonder if it was The Great Skull that Professor Hagen had encountered earlier, who had been in charge of the prison ship?If so, does this mean that The Great Skull's ship is a prison ship?This would be something I'd like to write about in my TEC story. Subaro Hagen could have come across The Great Skull while flying his special spacecraft he built to search for Lamia's origins?The Great Skull's ship is kind of a prison ship. It's a bit complicated, but I have it that another of his missions is to collect the 7 temples/prisons, containing universe threatening anti-matter beasts, scattered across the 7 dimensions. He has 6 of these temples in a room on his ship when he meets Prof. Hagen on his travels. This room operates very much like the Tardis in that it's much, much, bigger on the inside than it is on the outside and so there is a massive hold on his ship containing 6 full-sized temples with space for one more.The Ancient's purposely jump into the Star Fleet dimension in the vicinity of Prof. Hagen (while on his travels) in the hope that he will be able to fix their malfunctioning jump engines. The ancients deem it necessary to hide the true identity of The Great Skull to Prof. Hagen at this time, though, and so with the magic of chameleon circuits, The Great Skull's sailing ship appears to Prof. Hagen as a giant space cruiser, with The Great Skull resembling an alien haulage captain.It would be absolutely fantastic if you wanted to incorporate this meeting in your next story. It's totally geared up for you. QUOTEYour Zeta System and it's pleasuredrome planet run by Delardu reminds me a little of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, crossed with The Chronicles of Riddick maybe...?Yeah, all of those!   Definitely Thunderdome, I love the Mad Max movies. Also a little bit of Samurai Jack. Don't know if you've ever watched Samurai Jack, but it's a fantastic stylized cartoon where an ancient Samurai is sent to the distant future and fights all manner of robot and cyborg.I thought it was really important to show Makara kicking some more tail, before she comes face to face with the Dai-X. It's not called The Revenge of Makara for nothing.   QUOTEI wonder how Caliban has escaped the destruction of Makara's Kathaar Cruiser? In TOAS he seemed to get bashed by Dai-X's fists...But he's a wily fox, and I'm glad he got a mention in TROM, as I did enjoy writing about him in TRA.Maybe he will appear again in the future?Yeah, I had to bring back Caliban, he's a cool cat. My own take was that he had recovered before Makara and seeing her in her near-death state, decided to leave her behind and make his way off the wreckage of the battle cruiser in an escape pod. Might make a good flashback or mini story one day.I wanted Makara to get her own back, but keep Caliban alive for another day. Maybe Makara will feel a bit more charitable in the future and cut the poor silver guy some slack.  

Shane

Post by Shane »

Chapter 24: Extreme MeasuresThe X-Bomber's recently repaired engines roared as it chased its Imperial Alliance prey over the rocky canyons of Gelma 2.For much of X-Bomber's working life-time it had found itself on the receiving end of Imperial Alliance aggression, but now the tables had seemingly turned as it pursued the renegade Imperial Captain with the full intension of elimating him and the threat he represented to the safety of the universe.The crew of X-Bomber were all at their stations, with their newest addition, Emma Steel sat in Lamia's old chair next to the radar console. They all had looks of grim determination on their faces. None of them were assassins, but they were at war and that sometimes meant taking extreme measures!Captain Arkama had to be destroyed for the sake of the universe!On board the bridge of the badly damaged battle cruiser, a lone cloaked figure surveyed the wreckage around before reacting to an alarm sound coming from a nearby console. 'The X-Bomber is almost in firing range!' said Arkama.'Good! We will use thissss to our advantage!' said Arkama's symbiont eye patch, 'Start the self destruct sequence!'The X-Bomber had indeed closed the gap between itself and the Alliance battle cruiser and now only required the word from Professor Hagen to unleash a devastating wave of X-Impulse and completely annihilate their enemy.'We're in firing range Professor!' said Hercules, 'Just say the word!''Ok!' said Professor Hagen, 'X-Impulse fir...'Before the Professor could finish his confirmation, PPA locked the firing controls and blurted a warning.'Dangerous amounts of energy are building up within the Alliance battle cruiser!' he said, 'A large explosion is imminent!'They must have rigged their reactor to blow!' said John Lee.'Professor, I have detected an Imperial carrier craft launching from the battle cruiser’s docking bay.' said PPA.'We've been caught in a snare trap! said Hercules.'We need to get the heck out of here!' said Emma.'PPA, take us out of the projected blast area!' ordered Professor Hagen.The X-Bomber quickly changed its direction and battled to achieve some distance from itself and the battle cruiser it had only a short while ago been hunting. A few seconds later Gelma 2 was engulfed in light.The battle cruiser had exploded, unleashing a massive pressure wave. X-Bomber fought hard to outrun it, but caught a little of its deadly whiplash before it changed direction and was sucked back into the fireball.The vessel was rocked to its core, but managed to maintain its course as it flew through the great gusts of wind that the firestorm had created.Soon everything was still again with only a ghostly column of smoke and debris as a reminder of the Kathaar battle cruiser’s final act of destruction. It clawed its way high up into the already eerie cloudscapes of Gelma 2 and looked quite at home here on this hellish rock.Aboard X-Bomber the crew was shaken, but unhurt. ‘I told you that Imperial maggot was insane!’ said Emma Steel.‘All the more reason why he must be stopped!’ said Professor Hagen, ‘What’s our status PPA?’‘Power at 50%!’ said PPA, ‘Maximum speed is currently well below quantum levels!’‘We’ll never catch Arkama in time in X-Bomber!’ said Hercules.‘Then we will hunt him down by the Dai X!’ said Shiro.‘Now you’re talkin’!’ said Hercules.‘Yes! The Dai-X is our only hope!’ said Professor Hagen. ‘Gentlemen, to your fighters! Emma, PPA and I will follow you the best we can in X-Bomber. Remember, Arkama must not be allowed to reach The Temple of the ancients!‘Yes sir!’ said Shiro.‘You can count on us!’ said Hercules.‘Here we go again!’ said John Lee.‘Oh, c’mon Lee, do you really wanna live forever?’ said Hercules.‘No, but I could sleep for a 1000 years!’ said John Lee.The 3 brave warriors put on their environmental suits and walked down the short corridor to their docking cars with their helmets under their arms. Shiro was the last one to reach his, but before he embarked on his journey to Braincom’s cockpit he felt his shoulder being tapped. He turned around and was met by Emma Steel.‘Emma, why aren’t you on the bridge?’ said a startled Shiro.‘Because I had to say something, before you left!’ said Emma, who reached over to Shiro and planted her lips on his. They kissed for a few seconds, but it seemed like a life time.‘Come back to me my Captain!’ said Emma.Shiro was taken aback and blushed, but could still manage a small grin as he mouthed his response to her, before putting on his environmental helmet and speeding off down the tunnel in his docking car. Each of the Dai-X fighters launched in their customary manner and flew off in the direction of Arkama’s Imperial carrier.Professor Hagen, PPA and Emma Steel watched the view-screen as the 3 red Star fighters became small red points in the distance and then disappeared altogether.Emma feared for her brave Captain, but had a warm glow in her heart as she thought back to the last words he had spoken to her:‘I will!’
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Another great read.It's certainly evident that you are enjoying writing TROM Shane, it really shows   @Shane QUOTEThe Great Skull's ship is kind of a prison ship. It's a bit complicated, but I have it that another of his missions is to collect the 7 temples/prisons, containing universe threatening anti-matter beasts, scattered across the 7 dimensions. He has 6 of these temples in a room on his ship when he meets Prof. Hagen on his travels. This room operates very much like the Tardis in that it's much, much, bigger on the inside than it is on the outside and so there is a massive hold on his ship containing 6 full-sized temples with space for one more.The Ancient's purposely jump into the Star Fleet dimension in the vicinity of Prof. Hagen (while on his travels) in the hope that he will be able to fix their malfunctioning jump engines. The ancients deem it necessary to hide the true identity of The Great Skull to Prof. Hagen at this time, though, and so with the magic of chameleon circuits, The Great Skull's sailing ship appears to Prof. Hagen as a giant space cruiser, with The Great Skull resembling an alien haulage captain.It would be absolutely fantastic if you wanted to incorporate this meeting in your next story. It's totally geared up for you.The Great Skull's previous missions will certainly make a really excellent read! I'd like to write about them!And you've just handed to me on a plate the fab mini-story about the meeting beetween Prof. Hagen and The Great Skull. That's definitely going in my TEC story.It's going to be fun writing about a steam-powered Tardis-like Sailing Ship @Shane QUOTEYeah, all of those! Definitely Thunderdome, I love the Mad Max movies. Also a little bit of Samurai Jack. Don't know if you've ever watched Samurai Jack, but it's a fantastic stylized cartoon where an ancient Samurai is sent to the distant future and fights all manner of robot and cyborg.I must admit I do have a soft spot for the Mad Max movies. I'm quite surprised they haven't re-visited them with a Hollywood Re-make.I've not heard of Samurai Jack, but it sounds really cool. I'll have to check it out sometime @Shane QUOTEYeah, I had to bring back Caliban, he's a cool cat. My own take was that he had recovered before Makara and seeing her in her near-death state, decided to leave her behind and make his way off the wreckage of the battle cruiser in an escape pod. Might make a good flashback or mini story one day.I wanted Makara to get her own back, but keep Caliban alive for another day. Maybe Makara will feel a bit more charitable in the future and cut the poor silver guy some slack.Glad you like the Silver Guy as well. His sneaky, conniving and over-confident ways were really fun to write about. Definitely a good flashback that; Caliban escaping from the wrecked Kathaar Cruiser and abandoning Makara. Bet he wishes he hadn't done that now I'm not sure about Makara feeling charitable though   Anyway, Shiro and Emma Steele certainly seem to be hitting it off big time.As always, can't wait for the next episode. Keep it up!

Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Apologies for absence.Guns still running hot. Will catch-up at the weekend after this one!I haven't intentionally abandoned the place.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Good luck with your exams Crash Glad you'll be back, this place ain't the same without ya'
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

This forum is the nicest. It will be great to be free of this BS on Thursday afternoon.
Dream big and bold and daring.