Terrahawks

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

Terrahawks

Post by Rachel »

I have got, and have viewed, Video 4, Hostages of Mars. (Thank you again, Simon!) I never thought I would have to wait more than 15 years to see these episodes again! There is just one disappointment with the way the video is compiled, and you probably all know what it is: that the entertaining noughts and crosses game was removed from the end credits, and they just put a boring background in, instead! How could they? Never mind, that's only a small point.Does anyone else here have a particular favourite character in this show? I had forgotten quite how cute the zeroids are; couldn't you just pick Zero and 101 up, and cuddle them? Although they probably wouldn't feel very soft and cuddly! They're just so adorable! I WANT A ZEROID!I'm sure it's easy to see why I always liked them. What I find harder to explain, even to myself, is why I like Yungstar. (I find I am still one of his few fans, although his table manners could be improved!) I think it's because it makes me laugh to find a bizarre android boy enjoying bopping to the top 10 pop records, like many real youths from Earth. Plus, sometimes in my school days I felt like a scapegoat, getting more insults than I deserved, so I sympathised with a character in the same position. I think if I was a girl from the planet Guk, I would marry Yungstar, and take him away from his horrid mother! Oh my God, what have I just said? If we ever do have a live meeting, I will have to turn up with a paper bag over my head, now! I may hastily add that I do not particularly want to be a girl from the planet Guk! Anyway, moving swiftly on, before I embarrass myself any further...
NC

Terrahawks

Post by NC »

I must admit the zeroids are the best characters in the show, the vehicles are brilliant as well.I seem to remember you used to be able to buy the zeroids, and pedastels (spelling?) but that was a long while ago, so I might be mistaken.The more I think about it the more I remember you could get these toys... hmmm.... I'm with Rachel I want one :)Nigel
GenoGear

Terrahawks

Post by GenoGear »

I have a zeroid well did have. I'll have to have a look in the loft. Got it of a mate back in the old days.
AndyThomas

Terrahawks

Post by AndyThomas »

They do turn up on Ebay every now and again - keep your eyes peeled! That's why I put the Ebay search boxes on the bottom of the mini-pages...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Terrahawks

Post by Rachel »

Right now, there is a toy 101, and figures of some other characters, on Ebay. Myself, I'm saving my money for the actual episodes; if the 101 was able to talk, I would be tempted to place a bid for it, but I now know that is not the case.I thought I would let you know, NC.
NC

Terrahawks

Post by NC »

Thanks for the info Rachel, I like the look of that, shame its not Zero.BTW What on earth is going on with the Terrahawks videos, i didn't pay anything like that for mine...Nigelwww.100Tinsoldiers.com
AndyThomas

Terrahawks

Post by AndyThomas »

Hm.  I think it's an over-excited newbie Ebayer - he's got bids on most of the Thawks videos.  This happened when people started noticing Star Fleet on eBay - the prices for the compilation tapes went through the roof.  That Terrahawk model is quite well priced - it's the big one, out of scale with the other kits - I think I had it way back...
NC

Terrahawks

Post by NC »

it does look like its in a bigger box... hmmmMight be worth looking at again :)Nigel
AndyThomas

Terrahawks

Post by AndyThomas »

Hey, don't knock it - if I remember rightly, you get a Terrahawks badge thrown in in that box! Bet you lose the missiles in the first day though! No, seriously, it's typically well made stuff from Bandai - the landing feet are quite posable and the wings tilt up and down and stuff. Cool little toy.