The Saturday Show

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

The Saturday Show

Post by Rachel »

Does anyone watch the recent programme called the Saturday Show? I admit I probably haven't given it a fair chance, but it seems utter crap compared with the one of the same name that was on ITV from 1983-84. I used to get up on a Saturday morning to see Starfleet, and then the Saturday Show. Ah, those were the days! Although I personally wouldn't choose to go back to my junior school days, as some of the teachers were narky old cows like Zelda, and many of the kids were too rude. (As I explained, that's one of the reasons why I have a soft spot for Yungstar.) Nevertheless, it's so easy to feel sentimental about aspects of your schooldays, isn't it?
NC

The Saturday Show

Post by NC »

Just been watching the Saturday Show for the first time, its certainly not as good as the Beebs old shows, SwapShop, Superstore, Going Live... I can only think of one reason to watch it... Dani ;)Nigel
Shane

The Saturday Show

Post by Shane »

Yeah Dani certainly caters for the "Dads viewing with their Children market". She wore next to nothing on the first show, maybe that should be 2 good reasons for watching the show then. ;) I always watch smtv, it's not as good now, but when ant and dec was on it, that show was right up there with Tizwaz. I never really liked the idea of Saturday morning shows, No. 73 and Get Fresh were ok, and probably good for their time. But I never got into the Beeb's shows like: Swap Shop and Going Live, not Anarchic enough, and far to patronising. ITV spent most of the 90's trying to make a satshow to take on the BEEB, Remember Scratchy and co? And there was another one which was really really bad which I can't remember the name of, it did show The Samurai Pizza Cats though which was it's only saving grace.smtv's good because it cater's for as many young adults as it does children. It's become really popular with clubbers getting over hangovers on Saturday mornings, wheras the Beeb's show is still in a timewarp despite the allure of Dani Behr, who I've never really liked anyway since she started on the WORD. Anyone remember the group she was in when she was Younger: Faith Hope and Charity? bargin-bin-tastic mate. Shane
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!